1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, May 27, 2008.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 7. Why didn’t Jesus’ Miracles In The Bible Leave Behind Any Evidence?

A: Let's see - there's Peter, John, James, Paul, and countless millions of profoundly changed lives, and the specific prophecies of the Bible concerning Christ. What was you question again?

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The question is not invalid. Many of those killed were guilty of only minor things, certainly not worth killing. Would you kill an unruly child or someone who worked on the sabbath? This is what he is driving at.

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 8.How Do we explain the fact that Jesus Has never Appeared to you?

He has. No, not the way you're think, but he has.

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 9. Why does Jesus Want you to eat his body and drink his Blood?

"The words that I speak, they are spirit, and they are life". Still don't get it? Try this: It's SYMBOLIC, STUPID! (okay, okay, you're NOT stupid - it just rolled off the tongue that way)

5. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question 10. Why Do Christians Get Divorce The Same Rate as Non-Christians?

A: Personaly, I don't think that Christians do get divorced at the same rate as the rest of society, so prove it. In disciplining churches, people professing to be christians are expelled from the church if they are willingly divorced, and are thereafter not proferred the title "Christian". And what this question got to do with whether the Bible is true or not or there is a God or not or the price of eggs in China?

6. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I assume you mean besides Malchus' ear. No, I've never, in my life, seen or heard a creditable report of such a thing happening. But then, I didn't make that claim to begin with.

7. Magnetic Poles

Barna says otherwise.

In December of 1999, George Barna published the results of a survey which found that 34 percent of adult members of non-denominational Christian churches have experienced divorce in their lifetime, in contrast with 21 percent for atheists, agnostics and Roman Catholics. Baptists had the highest rate for born-again denominational Christians at 29 percent. The Mormon divorce rate was 24 percent. Overall, 27 percent of born-again Christians have experienced divorce compared to 24 percent for the rest of Americans. Nearly four thousand interviews were conducted, leaving a very small margin of error.

8. Allan

Allan Active Member

Biblical and OT saint answer- Yes, in a heart beat (if even that long)!

However one must actually read the scriptures to understand the extent that was needed to have gone in order that their justifiable death was fulfilled.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

George only considers those who "claim" to be Christian. Which always inflates numbers beyond reality.

10. Allan

Allan Active Member

You missed his point.

He is speaking of 'so called' or 'professed' christians verses true christians.

Those polls take JW's, Mormons, and others and place them in the Catagory with Christians to, thus the term 'professed'.

11. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

He's equating God with man. If it were the case of a sadistic human dictator killing people for gory entertainment or passing whims, that would violate justice. But if we're talking about God, then who can claim innocence before Him? If God were to immediately annhiliate the entire universe and every human life therein, he would be just, because man is an immoral beast as he relates to the perfect holiness of God. The athiest's questions are proof of this.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

However you said his question was invalid because it presupposes God doesnt do it. The you asked for evidence. His question is reasonable as no one could provide evidence. It simply doesnt happen.

13. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Right, Allen and Revmitchell. MP, notice I underline the word Christian in my post?

14. Magnetic Poles

You are one scary dude if you would kill your child. Personally, even if God told me to do so, I would not. If that makes me bad, I'm bad.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am sure you know the answer to that.

16. Magnetic Poles

So you would kill your child?

17. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well I see I'm asking him to prove a negative, which is not possible by legal or logical argumentation - is it? But he made an assertion - "God does not heal amputees" - so I think the burden on him to prove the assertion. And I don't think he could even offer an argument to that effect without pressuposing the existence of God, which he in fact denies.

18. Allan

Allan Active Member

For one there is a difference between sickness, disease, or disfunction of a part of the body and that of dismemberment. That is not to say that God can't and hasn't (as JD stated with the servants ear Christ restored as an example).

That being said, we are not commnaded to pray so that God will do for us what we desire, thus making God my servant. But we are to pray according to Gods will in all things. We are not promised healing every time we pray for it and Paul (who had the gift of healing) was denied healing himself by God because the grace of God toward him in that matter was better than any healing he could receive.

We are His servants declaring His will in His timing according to His purpose and He is our God who works all things together for our good according to His purpose, not that God "makes or does" everything to make us happy.

Editted in - I think the real question that aught to be asked is - which healing is more necessary and benificial - Physical or spiritual? If God chooses to go beyond the spiritual and recreate the amputated part, then all the more praise be to God not for the restoration of limb but His great mercy which He bestows.

#38 Allan, May 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preaching to the chior here, all I am suggesting is that while most of his questions have no real basis this one is reasonable even if we ourselves understand God on this issue. Suggesting that is is a reasonable question doesn't impose any correctness on it. We need to be able to acknowledge reasonable questions by the lost.

#39 Revmitchell, May 27, 2008
  20. Allan

Allan Active Member

I get what your saying, but I guess my argument is is it 'really' a reasonable question when God has never stated He will heal everything, nor that He will do all that we ask of Him because He can heal anything.

It is much like this argument IMO:

We know He raises the dead to life at His pleasure so why does He let men and woman die when they can do so much more good staying alive? Or even why doesn't He bring certain men and woman (or children) back to life.

To be honest this guys whole problem comes from his misunderstanding of God. Listen to it again and you will notice he bases his conjectures on one main supposition - That God is Love (as if that is all He is).

#40 Allan, May 27, 2008