1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

100 % Grace + 10% Works

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Sure, of course you must believe.
    The point of my thread is people who will preach salvation by100% grace in one message and then add works in another.
    They may not directly say it that way but that is what they imply.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Translating THAT verse into, "If you vote 'yes' on this wet-dry election, you are not a Christian" is poor theology and exegesis.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, in one message we are saved by grace but next Sundies message says if you step out of line the Lord will hate ya and turn up the flames in hell... :thumbs:

I agree we should preach a consistent message. I think the above situations comes from not studying and learning how all the dots fit together. They look at each dot individually instead of through a doctironal understanding.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How about if James said saved with no testimony?

5. Outsider

Outsider New Member

The way I see it is we don't come to God. God comes to us. He convicts our heart and draws us by His love and kindness. God chose to save us by His merciful grace through faith. Faith is a total reliance upon Christ. When people realize they can't work their way in and deny themselves and leave it in God's hands, thats when He chooses to do His work.

We cannot do good works on our own. We can only do good works (Pleasing to God) in Christ. This can only be done after we are saved. Only then can we be a light and walk in the light.

Eph 2:10
    For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.