1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

104,655.60 Ad Placed In The Washington Post

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by just-want-peace, Aug 13, 2008.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From e-mail.
    No idea if this is fact, but the gist of the "AD" is spot on AFAIC. I cannot relate to the authors life, but his philosophy is dead on for me!!!!

Here is someone with the money to fund a rebuttal to what Howard Dean, Democratic National Committee Chairman, said recently that 'many Republicans have never done an honest day's work in their life'.

The following full-page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr. He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is sick and tired of the way that 'the rich' are portrayed by liberals these days.
    It is a great read.

The Ad-------

All I can add is a hearty "AMEN"!!!!

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

It is a good ad. It emphasizes how wrong it is to lump large groups of people together and characterize them as all being the same. It's wrong to characterize all Republicans as rich, greedy and uncaring. It's equally wrong to characterize all Democrats as liberal, supporters of abortion and non-Christian. This kind of characterization is called discrimination.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Dems are not all Liberals. Only those people like Obama, Pelosi, Kerry, Edwards, Clinton, Kennedy, McKinney, Reid, etc, etc.,etc