1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

143 days...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Just think how great a professional of any kind you could be with only 143 days of experience!!!

People want change so bad maybe we should lower the experience requirement for Dr.s, Lawyers, Airline pilots etc. This would cause some change!

Obama's 143 Days of Senate Experience

Just how much Senate experience does Barack Obama have In terms of actual work days? Not much.

From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, To the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory Committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate.

That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.

The one single Senate committee that he headed, never even met once.

After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan.

Think about it.......143 days -- 20.4 weeks -- 4.7 months .

My Grandchildren spent more time in pre-school Getting ready for Kindergarten! :BangHead:

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Anyone who votes for Obama should then be willing to have other professionals with only 143 days experience and training, as you said, doctors, lawyers, pilots. We can see how absurder this is, yet do we really want a president with what amounts to no experience and training? Seems just as dangerous and fool hearty to me.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Considering the messes the "experienced" politicians of the past have brought us, not having experience just might be a plus!

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

wow:confused:

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

yeah, sure, just what we want,, someone with no idea what their doing whats going on, what running the goverment is about.
    yeah, thats right, someone with no idea what so ever.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I agree!

I qualify that agreement with: what we regard as 'experience' may not be as much true 'experience' as it is conformity and easy manipulation: In this case there is a lack of experience and principal but we are not aware because this is not evident in the running of things.

As familiar as we posters are with the Bible, we do so quickly forget that God uses and empowers men of principal and faith to do that which they were not trained or experienced to do.

In regards to the OP, imo, Obama is not a man of experience nor of principal and faith: If he has faith..... it's not one I can identify with when he believes all roads lead to God and he believes in Oprah. Is this important? I certainly think so when people are either free or bound by the influence of spiritual powers. Only Jesus sets us free!