1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

16 illegals sue Arizona rancher

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An Arizona man who has waged a 10-year campaign to stop a flood of illegal immigrants from crossing his property is being sued by 16 Mexican nationals who accuse him of conspiring to violate their civil rights when he stopped them at gunpoint on his ranch on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Roger Barnett, 64, began rounding up illegal immigrants in 1998 and turning them over to the U.S. Border Patrol, he said, after they destroyed his property, killed his calves and broke into his home.

His Cross Rail Ranch near Douglas, Ariz., is known by federal and county law enforcement authorities as "the avenue of choice" for immigrants seeking to enter the United States illegally.

Read More Here

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I intended to put this in the news forum

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

They are criminals who think the have the right to illegally cross private property, kill livestock, committ destruction of private property, and breaking and entering. What civil rights do they have that allows them to do this?

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Sadly, given the state of US courts. they may win. Citizens have no rights.

5. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way I see it, illegal aliens don't have any rights (not like the legal ones). So why should they be allowed to sue anyone? Why should they have the right to assemble & demand that amnesty be given to all other illegals. If I were a sheriff of a county were they are rallying, I would round them up, hual them to jail, & then ship them back to where they came from.

How would Mexico feel if Americans started hopping the fence & invading their country illegally? I think they would do the same thing with exception of shipping us back.

If I was a legal alien, I would be extremely upset at those who are here illegally too. Do you know how much red tape a person from another country has to go through to become an American citizen? One of my co-workers is from Canada. She has been here for over 15 years & is still not considered as an American citizen. I have heard her talking about renewing green cards for her family.

#5 BigBossman, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
  6. donnA

donnA Active Member

I could't agree more.

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Dumb isn't it? It's especially sad when illegals use your own system against you and the courts entertain it.

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it really hard to accept a situation such as this; and I blame both parties for the problems we're having now.

Neither have put up any significant resistance to abate the problem; in fact both have just exacerbated it by the garbage that has been put forth as "Immigration Reform".:BangHead::mad:

I know of no one who opposes the legal immigration of the Mexicans, BUT this wholesale flaunting of laws, and the emergence of incidents such as this topic, is about is absolutely asinine by anybody's standards.

It's getting pretty bad when an illegal (please, you bleeding hearts - NOT "undocumented") can not only trash your property, but then sue you because you tried to defend your property.

Our country has totally lost it's direction when the legal system even considers these actions.

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Absolutely correct!

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

They want to sue because they weren't allowed to commit crimes. Now what counrt allows this. And why were they as illegals sent back home, or imprisoned as criminals? Seems some crimes aren't actually crimes.

11. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that calling a time out on any immigration would be the way to go for now. I say we do that until we get our immigration situation under control. It worked fine back in the early 1940's; Why can't it work today?

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I agree. We need to stop all immigration until the new immigrants are assimilated into our culture.