1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

16 th. amendment ratified

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ray Marshall, Oct 25, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Amen......

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

The language you are looking for here is "without prejudice." I recommend you learn to use the English language better before you consider taking on the IRS and their legions of lawyers and accountants. For what it's worth, putting "without prejudice" on the tax return won't do anything but possibly result in a rejection of the return by the IRS. These tax protest arguments have been around for years and have been considered by every court in the country, and none of them have ever been successful because none of them have any merit. For a general discussion of this issue, see Hodge v. C.I.R., T.C. Memo. 1998-242.

3. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

My spelling use to be much better than it is sence I had a brain surgery in December, 1991 at the University of Va. I drove my truck 49 miles to my job site and around 9:00pm I had a grand maul seizure and at our local hospital, I was told that I either had a tumor in the brain, or a Arteoveinus malfunction. They sent me to U of Va and did a angelogram test on me and found that I had a ATM on the left side in the temple area and said that I was born with it. They did an operation on my left side of my brain and it left me with some problems, but GOD blessed me and I am glad to be able to have conversations with everybody but even now I can't explain and can't make a connection with my vocubalary like I once could. Some of my difficulty is now being able to spell as good as I once did. They told me that I may be affected with my sight and I may loose some memory. GOD bless me again. I have good sight but sometimes get confused about things.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

http://www.americaslibrary.gov/cgi-bin/page.cgi/jb/recon/revised_1

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/crs/97-922.pdf

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation. I admire your courage in entering debate with this challange. I wonder if I would be as brave.

All the best.

6. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Thank you for your kind comment. I don't won't to lean on my problem but thought it was necessary to give an explanation. I am well blessed though.
    Next Tuesday we will go to the poles and vote for OUR CHOICE of candidate. Really!
    Although both candidates say that they desire to make changes in our country. it's just the same ole',same ole'. I won't say that our party's are letting us down entirely, but with all the corruption everywhere, they are ruled by elite and must do as they are commanded or they will either be railroaded out of Washington or worse. I wished that people would seek an education of why we as a country are in the shape we are in, Our situation today is because we don't study from history. History does repeat itself.Will our economy get better? No I seriously doubt it. Regardless to what the greatest weapon that can be used to form our opinion, is the NEWS, we are a controlled people and don't even know it.
    What I wonder is. How can we be dual-citizens. Are we a citizen of the states or citizens of a corrupt Government? We are taxed by both and we are being robbed by the Government when we should be paying taxes to the state to which we preside in. What if by some practinality(spelling) we were to become a treo-citizen? Who else would we pay taxes to then?

7. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Thank you for your kind comment. I don't won't to lean on my problem but thought it was necessary to give an explanation. I am well blessed though.
    Next Tuesday we will go to the poles and vote for OUR CHOICE of candidate. Really!
    Although both candidates say that they desire to make changes in our country. it's just the same ole',same ole'. I won't say that our party's are letting us down entirely, but with all the corruption everywhere, they are ruled by elite and must do as they are commanded or they will either be railroaded out of Washington or worse. I wished that people would seek an education of why we as a country are in the shape we are in, Our situation today is because we don't study from history. History does repeat itself.Will our economy get better? No I seriously doubt it. Regardless to what the greatest weapon that can be used to form our opinion, is the NEWS, we are a controlled people and don't even know it.
    What I wonder is. How can we be dual-citizens. Are we a citizen of the states or citizens of a corrupt Government? We are taxed by both and we are being robbed by the Government when we should be paying taxes to the state to which we preside in. What if by some practinality(spelling) we were to become a thrice-citizen? Who else would we pay taxes to then?

8. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Ray, sometimes I come on a little too strong and this was one of those times. I apologize for my smugness and arrogance and look forward to reading your posts in the future. May God bless you.

9. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Zenas, you did nothing wrong. Thank you for your response. I don't keep a dictionary close by all the time. I even got mixed up with the topic thread. I knew it was the 16th amendment but wrote it as the 14th amendment. I won't to again say, everything is ok. GOD's blessings to you and your family.
    I seem to won't to put something on a topic thread to make us all aware that we the people have been ignored by the folks who try to help our country. It isn't always their fault. There are many people voted into office that intend to serve those who elect them. Especially first time rookies. Things in Government is too big for them to handle, and again the old fossils just don't get it. They please themselves. It is true however that money has bought bad government. Rep. James Trafficant(?) representative from Ohio got railroaded to prison around the last of the 90s or early 2000 because he made strong accusations about the Feds in Congress. some have even been killed, such as Rep. Lewis McFadden who was shot at twice and they missed, but eventually he succomed to a heart attack that was suspicious in nature One or two others were killed in small aircraft while in travel.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ironic isn't it?

"Taxation without representation" is what started the founding fathers on their mission.

Here we are again right where we started.

Pay your taxes, as some one in the thread quoted - render unto Caesar...

HankD