1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1611 KJV

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Dustin, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Where can I get a large one of these online for cheap?

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Dustin

Dustin New Member

hard copy...thanks.

4. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

I work part time at family christian store, and we carry a copy for 20 bucks.

Is there one near you? I am certain they could order it for you and save the shipping....

5. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

I hope to purchase one soon. I want the 1611 KJV AV with the Apocrypha. And original spelling.

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a Hendrickson Edition, and the only change I can find is that it is printed in Roman font. (The original was printed in Gothic font.)

7. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a Hendrickson Edition too. I stumbled upon it at Books-A-Million and I could not leave the store without one. ;)

8. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Yeah, I'd jsut like to have one...for no good reason, I wonder do they make them with soft covers? in black?

9. PeterAV

PeterAV New Member

You can get a photographic replica of the 1611 New Testament for $25.at the Bible Baptist Bookstore.It is quite a large size but thin.
    http://www.kjv1611.org/

Or you can get the faximile from Christian Book Distributors for the same approximate price.$30?The font is changed,but the spellings have remained as far as I can tell.They have fake art for the beginings of chapters.It includes a history of the 1611 Bible by Alfred W Pollard.The Bible includes the marginal notes.very sparse.plus Apocrapha.

Or if you want,you can order a crown edition of the Oxford AKJV with Apocrapha from Oxford or your local Bible store,I'm sure.

I have those plus a couple other varieties.

PeterAV

10. PeterAV

PeterAV New Member

If you are feeling rich,you can always buy an authentic 1611 first or second edition for a few hundred thousand from;
    http://www.greatsite.com/ancient-rare-bibles-books/platinum.html
    1611 King James First Edition Pulpit Bible: “He” Variant

One of the most highly sought-after items in the world of antiquarian books: the very first of the King James Bibles printed. One sold at a Sotheby's auction in 2001 for over $400,000. Ours sell for much less than that, and are in excellent condition. For details about the difference between the “He” and “She” variants of the 1611, see the description of the “She” variant below.

An excellent investment opportunity; these Bibles have gone up in price over 25% every year for the past ten years. Imagine owning the first press run of the most printed book in history! Fewer than 200 original printings of the 1611 are known to exist (and out of that number, fewer than 50 are complete “He” variants). For better close-up images, be sure to check out our available stock of 1611 Leaves, starting under $300, in our Ancient Rare Bible Leaves section. Prices of our 1611’s vary depending on condition, page margin, and other factors. We have more than a dozen in stock, from which you may choose.

Offered at $125,000 to $400,000

PeterAV

11. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A coupla years ago, on a rare-book sales site, I saw a very pristine copy of the "he" version offered for a kewl $1.6 million.

12. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I have about ten pages of an original 1612 printing. I didn't realize it at the time, but I think a LOT of antique books are being ripped and sold one page at a time.

At up to several hundred bucks a page (today) they can make more profit by ripping up a perfectly good antique.

Then again, some pages probably come from pages that are from books that are already falling apart.

However, I bought a genuine, very large 1726 printing of a Gutenberg for $45.00 when ebay first started and today it would probably be worth a LOT more (But, I'm certainly NOT going to rip it apart.) It has nice woodcut art in it and someone drew a large, complex clipper-ship in the front with a pencil -- I have no idea when, but it looks real and whoever drew it was a good artist. The book is delicate, and the leather and metal clasps long gone, but the rest of the book is in quite good shape and very readable. It uses black and red ink in the printing. (Of course, it is in German)

13. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

Thanks for the links

14. Keith M

Keith M New Member

PeterAV said:

Peter, my problem with this is that I feel rich enough, but my bank doesn't necessarily agree with me. :confused: :eek: [​IMG]

Seriously, it sounds like a good investment, but I certainly don' have that kind of money available to invest in anything...

Those suggestions already made seem like good ones for those of us on a budget. And for anyone who is interested in an online text version of the 1611 KJV, it is available at StudyLight.org.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.