1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1970's-80's Christian Music

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by BroTom64, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Remi

Remi New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This song just came up in my heart again, too (nothin like the OG Contemporary Christian music of the 70s and 80s!). Found it! Here ya go, Bro. Tom:

2. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of my all-time favorites! Thank you!

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bob Dylan gotta serve somebody, and Petra and DC talk!

5. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a separate thread for posting lyrics of secular songs to which God gave individuals better lyrics? I'd give y'all a sample of one God gave me if there is.

6. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist

7. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't read any response to my inquiry above, so I'll go ahead and post here the lyrics here (unless the BB Admins [U here Salty? Maybe he's watching the Buffalo Bills looking at re-runs of the "Music City Miracle"?? ;););) :):):) !!] direct me elsewhere. If any of you BB'ers are as old as I feel (esp in the early AMs!), you may recall this song that was written by Barry Mann (NOT Barry Manilow.) that was quite popular back in the early 1960s (1961 I think[?]) for the trio "The Paris Sisters' (They MUST have hailed from the county seat of Henry Cty, home of the world-renowned "Paris Fish Fry (I guess ;)!!) titled "I Love How You Love Me." Anyway I must have been about 15 YO & about to enter SrHigh. From time to time its melody stuck with me. Then, as a temp replacement for JrHigh Eng Grammar & Comp, I'd temporarily "volunteered" to fill that slot till a replacement was found. Thankfully they found not only one who knew more abt Eng but also knew the ins & outs of Spanish too. ANYWAY, although I was NO good at writing Eng poetry, I did (& still do) love to read the Poetic Books of the OT. There's something about the heights & depths of emotion that people like David, etc., (via the Holy Spirit) could make that time & region come to life (Just watch any Middle Eastern funeral procession!) as opposed to Western culture. At any rate, my wandering mind (via God the Holy Spirit of course), would often mentally play with basically secular songs to arrive at lyrics that encapsulated spiritual thoughts. If you aren't familiar with the principle melody of that song, there are many other vocal groups or soloists who likewise recorded that song that you can find on the www to give you its melody. I'm not positive about the legalities of posting melodies, and if I'm not supposed to post them, I'll yield to the BB Admin folks on this. That being posted here's a 4-verse set of lyrics that the Holy Spirit gave me: (V 1) I love how You knew me, before I was ever formed. You gave me a family, so that I could be born. I love the country that You made where I am free, but, Father, most of all, I love how You love me. (V 2) I love how You saved me when I was lost in sin. You shed Your precious blood, to make me new again. I love the way You died on Calvary, but, Jesus, most of all, I love how You love me. (V 3) I love how You comfort me when my world falls apart. And, should I grieve You, You help make a brand new start. I love the way You lead in all that's best for me. But, Spirit, most of all, I love how You love me. (V 4) O friend, do you know Him, this blessed Three-in-One? You can if you put your trust in God's Begotten Son. And, if you do, you'll His Word is always True, and you will come to know, the way that He loves you.

8. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ooops, I forget to put "for me" in V 2) right after "died" ....It should read "I love the way You died FOR ME on Calvary." These fat fingers will be 75 YO in a few weeks. I guess that it comes with the turf! ;););0

9. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that no one has brought up Glenn Kaiser and the Rez Band. Kaiser is a fantastic blues guitarist and has been the pastor of JePUSA - Chicago for decades. His blues albums with Darrell Mansfield are excellent.