1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1Cor 6:9-10

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Mar 22, 2011.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Bro FAL,

Go one more verse further, and you will find the answer you are looking for:

1 Cor. 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

He is stating what can not enter in. But now, you(the Corinithian chuch), who have been washed, cleansed, and justified by the blood of Jesus, and the Spirit of God, are no longer in that lost state. I believe that Paul was showing them what the blood of Christ delivered them from, and us who follow afterwards. IOW, the blood of Jesus delivers us from all manner of sins, and not just some.

i am I AM's!!

Willis

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You dont sin every day? Seriously, are you for real?

The example of speeding in ignorance not really being speeding is flawed. Ask any police officer. Ignorance does not excuse a breach of the law.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I am very serious. If you get serious you can do it also. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
    [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

#23 freeatlast, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
  4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Salvation not only changes us positionally it changes us experientially. Those who continue to walk in sin are not changed and not saved that is what the passage is saying.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Questioning my Christianity is a bit presumptuous of you.

As to your claim that if one sins in ignorance it is not really sin, what do you base that on?

If people didn't face judgement because they didn't know they had sinned, Christ could have done His work in secret. There would be no need for the Bible, the Great commission, or evangelism. It would also be possible that those who did not know Him would have no need of Him simply because of ignorance, not the blood.

#25 Arbo, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
  6. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surely the clue is in the following verse: '....And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.'

Sinners need the Lord Jesus. What's so controversial about that? See Rev 21:27.

Steve

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not sure what you mean by questioning your Christianity. If you mean your salvation i did not do that. if you mean your belief in this area then absolutely. I did not say that if someone sins in ignorance they have not sinned. I simply gave scripture. If you got that from scripture then perhaps you better believe it. Ignorance does not make it not sin. It only means that the person cannot claim themself as sinning in a particular point if they do not know about it.

As to your second assumption about ignorance of sin the bible clearly refutes that. Everyone knows that they have sinned in some manner. Some because they have the law and others who are without the law because they sin against their own conscience. Read Romans 2:12

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

True, sinners do need the Lord jesus, but once saved we are no longer called sinners. We are saints, new creations who no longer practice the things mentioned in the verses in question for if the person continues in their sin they are not saved.

9. North Carolina Tentmaker

Such a beautiful passage, but of course as others have mentioned you can’t leave out verse 11.

It starts with the universal condemnation of all those evil people we hate so much. Surely they will not enter the kingdom of heaven, but then points out that we were just like they are. Our salvation is not our own and only a work of grace. We have no right to judge those who today are just like we once were. No those sinners will not inherit the kingdom, but they can be washed and sanctified just as we were. And look, that list even includes homosexuals. Anyone who would condemn others because of their current sin has no understanding of this passage.

That is what it means to me.

10. North Carolina Tentmaker

When you get a ticket and say you missed the sign how is that going to work out for you? Ignorance does not free you from penalty or blame.
    You know what the officer is liable to say when he writes you a ticket, "Tell it to the Judge!"

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So who was judging anyone?

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I never made any such statement. You must have read someone elses post.

13. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, you said that if someone sins in ignorance they have not sinned.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No I did not say what you wrote. If you read your bible like you read these posts you don't have a clue as to what the bible says. Here is what I said:
    "If someone is unaware of something as being sin they cannot claim that they have sinned".

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you disavow your own quote?

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No I disavow your lie.

17. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Nice rebuttal. It is your own quote. You call me a liar for saying you said what you said. You have a problem.

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Now you lie about it again. You did not post what I wrote. A quote is a quote, not something that is put in your own words. You posted what you wanted it to say. Different is not the same as difficult as that might be to grasp. Like I said if you read the bible like you read these posts you don't have a clue as to what the bible really teaches.

19. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

My post of your quote (post #33) is from your post #16. I did not paraphrase or rewrite it. It is you own words. You deny you have said what you said and you were confronted with it. You still deny it. I say again you have a problem.

You called me a liar twice. I find it both unchristian and offensive. You owe a brother an apology.

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Any time I have miss represented something I have always apologized on this board, but I have not done so this time. This is what you posted as a quote from me;
    "Yes, you said that if someone sins in ignorance they have not sinned."

This is what I really wrote;
    "If someone is unaware of something as being sin they cannot claim that they have sinned"

That first quote is not mine. It is yours. My accusation stands. When you alter a quote or paraphrase it, it is no longer a quote and in this case it totally changes the original intended meaning, which makes my claim about you true. This is why I said if you handle the bible like you do the posts here you do not have a clue as to what it says or means.