1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 1Peter 1:16

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Feb 18, 2014.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

As Romans 7 and 8 make clear, it will be a battle to the day we leave this earth. Now, we can progress towards being like Christ. I think the bottom line is you should praise God daily for that battle. What a better assurance of salvation. If there is no spiritual warfare within a person, there is no salvation.

2. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry but I guess I missed something in your response because it makes no sence to me.

3. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So does htis mean we will not remember that we were sinners and Christ paid for our sins? I ask that because I would like to know how far you think this goes?

4. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek::confused:

5. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What passage are you refering to that teaches this?

6. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does that have to do with an ability or inability to sin?

7. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why did the Lord say He was going ahead to prepare a place for us which has many dwelling places and where He is we will be?

8. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure that is a good test. The bible never says that. I am inclined that many lost people battle with sin and some for religious or spiritual reasons. Many Catholics are one example. The test the bible gives is if we keep His commandments, not if we are in a battle. That being the question remains will we be tempted in our new bodies?

#28 Judith, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know that NO sin can get into heaven, and know that when jesus appears, and we see Hom, we shall then become as He now is!

Full mind of chrsit will be included, as NO sin nature remains within us anymore!

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

1 John 3:2 Nasb

10. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you think that passage means we will know everything He knows, we will have omnesience?

#30 Judith, Feb 19, 2014
  11. Camery

Camery New Member

In my opinion if it is physical, which must some day pass away, it is a place, but if it is spiritual which is eternal it is a condition which may be any place, therefore where He is we will be also. So I believe the mansions which Jesus is building for us is spiritual.

12. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure how one comes up with that rational as heaven is mentioned over 600 times in the bible and it is NEVER spiritualized as it is always spoken of as a literal place. I would be careful equating physical with literal. There is a literal God, but He is spirit not physical as many think of the term. The same with heaven and it being a real literal place. None the less, Can you explain what a spiritual mansion looks like or is and where did Jesus go away to?

#32 Judith, Feb 19, 2014
  13. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

If I was to dwell now on what I was and what I did before Christ saved me it would bring a sadness, a melancholy state of mind to the point I could not enjoy my salvation. Heaven would not be piece of mind if I carried this state with me. On the other hand when we get there I think we will know we are undeserving and Christ paid it all.

14. salzer mtn

This can only be taught by the Holy Ghost.

15. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you aware that there are people in heaven today that are weeping?
    Rev 7:15-17.

16. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds deep and spiritual. :rolleyes:

17. salzer mtn

It also say's they will hunger no more or thirst. All of this including the crying will pass away once we shed these bodies. It will all be passed tense in heaven.

18. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet we are still flesh and blood.

19. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

He went to prepare a spiritual body for us, for flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

We are living souls just as the created Adam became upon being given breathing life from God. Adam was created the figure of him to come. The Christ, the Son of God, the Son of man was a living soul subject to death and corruption, and he died, and was then raised quickening Spirit.

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 1 Cor 15:46 That verse is speaking of the resurrected Christ, for he to date is the only one so resurrected.

Jesus is the firstborn from the dead. To die no more. Incorruptible, his flesh did not see corruption.

Romans 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

When we are born again in that image we neither will sin no more.

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Romans 8:29

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9

20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes, that is why we are to mortify sin,

5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: