1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Cor 6: 17

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Wherefore come out from among them,and be ye separate, said the Lord and touch not the unclean thing; and I will recieve you.
    This past Sunday my SS Teacher ask the class for one word that would best discribe why The Church is in the shape it is today, Needles to say in a class of thirty people there were a lot of answers all the way from Satan to Elvis. No on came up with the word he was searching for, the word was compromise. This impressed on me so much that I have dwelt on this all week and I can't think of one word that is equal or better. No where is it more evident then in the last half of the twenteth century and more so today then ever. This is evident in most areas of our present day churches; evangelism, youth ministeries and cetainly in our "Worship" Services. Unless you listen closely to the lryics you can't tell the differance between the morning anthem and a Las Vegas floor show. We have replaced the word lost with unchurched and other politicaly correct terms. Pastors sound more like Dr Phil then Billy Sunday.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need to consider also that many churches have tried to lift themselves up and above the lost all the while their haughty attitude shines like a Light House in a storm.

Impeccable dress; exquisitely designed church interiors; manicured grounds, etc. Nothing wrong with a nice looking church but where does Farmer Brown hang his hat when he comes to church in his coveralls?

It seems to me that the Spirit of the Lord working through us will convince others that we are in fact, separated from them.

4. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Sadly

Most of the liberal churches today would consider Billy Sunday to be too dogmatic and full of hell, fire and brimstone to allow him to preach in their church.

John

5. Jeremiah2911

Jeremiah2911 Member
    Site Supporter

Amen! For the past month and a half, I've been studying and preaching on the 7 Churches of Revelation, and we consider the Church at Pergamos to be the Church that compromised--"the doctrine of Balaam"--Balaams sin was not greed as I had always thought on the surface--Balaams sin was that, since he couldn't curse Israel himself, he gave Balak the idea to "prostitute" the daughters of Moab close to the children of Israel and eventually, they would intermarry and accept their idols, and then God Himself would curse Israel--it worked. Moab represents the world, and Israel represents the Church--effectively, the world had moved into the Church [back then and today] and it has been accepted [ie compromise as you have stated]. Lets remember Jesus' warning:
    Revelation 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
    Repent or remove the worldly influence; I don't know about everyone else, but Church discipline is almost a thing of the past:(

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be patient...

Matthew 13
    36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
    37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
    38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
    39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
    40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
    41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
    42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.​

James 5
    7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
    8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.​

Zechariah 14:21 ... and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.​

HankD​