1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 more "come out" tonight...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Alive in Christ, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I was waching TV tonight and on Larry King Ricky Martin was on there, joyfully and gleefully proclaiming he is a homosexual.

Right after that was over, I see another evangelical pastor proclaiming that he will be open about his homosexuality from now on.

God have mercy on our country. Millions flaunting thier perversion of homosexuality, while millions of others engage in baby killing with the approval of our government.

Very sad.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

It is sad. Today proves some of my professors were not wild hate people but reading the academy world or part of it correctly. The point I kept getting was don't put much trust in the academy world. They were saying for the most part a professor does not get a name for their self by staying the course but by moving to the new and non acceptable things of the day.

I was taught in college and seminary that homosexual life style would be acceptable in the world by the 1990's and with in the church by the late 1990's. Well they were a little off, but not much. They taught we would go back to times like the Greeks, God would be as important as the world to us. Pedophile would be looked at as either acceptable or as a sickness, that we should feel bad for the person doing it.

Why? They said church attendance would drop with the 5 day work week, and in our colleges a person faith in God would be looked down on and John Dewey's views would be more and more taught in our public schools. Had a professor that said Sunday night and Wednesday night services would be less and less. More time on hand, less time for God.

Not being to smart, I believed these educators were nuts. If you couldn't trust your educators, who could you trust? I guess I'm the one who was nuts, for not believing them.

3. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Is that any surprise? When he had kids, he used artificial insemination. That's a big giveaway. See also Michael Jackson and Clay Aiken.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I also watched the Joy Behar segement on CNN.com where the pastor came out. I know the church and the man and it was odd that they were giving inflated numbers and the host said it was a nationally known "mega-church." It isn't 2,000 members and it doesn't have nearly that much on Sundays. Also, the guy has been twice divorced and hold to a charismatic theology (not that the latter disqualifies or is a reason.)

It is a mess of a church where one of his ex-wives is the co-pastor.

I am hoping that God judges our country in the most severe of measures at this point.

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why? I'd rather pray our nation repents and turns back to God.

6. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Back to God? When were we ever for God?

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Remember where judgment begins.

8. North Carolina Tentmaker

WOW :tear:

I sure can't say I agree with that. My hope is for repentance, grace, redemption, and forgiveness. That goes for nations as well as people.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

They sound like the church at Laodicea...the one in name only with Christ on the outside knocking to come in.

10. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

I was thinking Sardis or Ephesus while I watched his silly display. :)

11. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

I'm not certain we were ever with God, if you read the history of the US it was a pretty debauched place in the late 1700s and early 1800s.

12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ricky Martin "comes out" this week? Does he think that we are dumb as a brick? He is the POSTER BOY for the gay man's fantasy. Take a look at just one of videos. Do men like Ricky Martin think that because they don't look effeminate that we don't know that they are gay? I don't understand this ridiculous double-minded attitude. Yes, the gay community wants acceptance. They fight. They march. They bloc vote. They scream and yell. They protest. :confused:

But why do gay celebrities spend so much time pretending that they are NOT gay when EVERYBODY knows that they are? It's so stupid. I'm sure he was met with thunderous applause - confessing to something that was already common knowlege! :rolleyes:

OK, I'm off of that soapbox.

This is just my humble opinion about God's judgment.

Our country isn't going to hell in a handbasket and ALREADY living under the wrath of God because of lost people or the sins that are committed out there by "heathens" or the "them" or the "sinners". Our country is going to hell in a handbasket because of the church.

The church -
    • who is in a spiritual coma.
    • who, when awake, can't contain the members of her own body who fight not against principalities, but against other members of her own body.
    • who participates in the same lifestyle as the world on Monday-Saturday and pretends not to on Sunday.
    • who brings blemished sacrifices to God and expects Him to receive them.
    • whose mind is conformed to the world and not transformed to the mind of her own head, Jesus Christ.
    • and the church - who enjoys "calling down" the wrath of God on others, but ignores her own diseased condition.
    God's grace and mercy and forgiveness will rain on us when the CHURCH begins to act the way that SHE is supposed to act. That's because God is in a grace-relationship with his people, not the world.

#12 Scarlett O., Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  13. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Absolutely.

One also hopes that the Church would be cleansed of those who like the idea of Jesus for "fire insurance" but don't desire to follow His ways and will with their lives.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm not saying this because of politics in secular arena. I'm saying this because of the failure of the American Church at large to address rampant sin and idolatry within its walls.

14. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

I'm a bit like Jonah on the issue at this point. Though I do hope the country sees the need for repentance and redemption. This begins with the Church and frankly too many of its leaders aren't up to the task right now.

Maybe I'm being a bit too jaded, though this is a serious concern for us all. I just finished talking with a group of pastors from several third world countries who have all been physically persecuted for the Gospel they preach.

15. North Carolina Tentmaker

I deserve hell just as much as Ricky or anyone else, straight or not. The second we forget that fact and condemn the homosexual for being a worse sinner than we are we have limited God’s power and grace and made hypocritical Pharisees out of ourselves. It is not our place to “shut up the kingdom of heaven against men.”

While I can sympathize with Jonah’s anger, we must remember Jonah was wrong.

Matt 23:13
    I Cor 6:9-11

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm not good at dodgin' Brimstone!!!!

17. Kevin M

Kevin M Member

Good Post!

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen Scarlett.....:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Christians need to stop expecting the world to act like Christians.

And Christians need to stop acting like the world.

19. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

No where in my posts here or in other places have I suggested otherwise. Go back and re-read them and see what they are saying. The actions of this "pastor" in Georgia are only a microcosm of what is happening in the larger, western church. We need to seriously consider what would happen if it all went away because of God's judgment.

Yeah I mentioned him because he wasn't a fan of being amongst people whom he perceived to have no hope.

It's also why I said "a bit." :)

20. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not that it means anything but I think Ricky Martin came out a couple of years or more ago.

Sometimes it is difficult for me to remember I am to love the sinner and hate the sin. His sin is no more of a sin than any of mine tho.