1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Peter 1:1-11

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Eladar, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Chris,
    Wrong! Being disqualified means not going to heaven. Everyone is in the race, Christians run the race to win.

We can only know, if we are displaying the fruits of the elect.

Tom,

I am just posting different scriptures that back up how I interpret the scriptures. I am not the one bringing up outside scriptures to disclaim the apparent interpretation of the scripture posted.

But you are right, the subject of 'secure salvation' does keep getting brought up over and over and over again, but isn't that what this forum is all about?

[ March 01, 2002, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Tuor ]

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Discussing the issue is one thing. Discussing relevant Scriptures is one thing. Discussing the SAME Scriptures with the same old bromides over and over again in every post where every thread looks the same is entirely different. BB doesn't have the space or bandwidth to allow for this. I stand by my statement.Like I said, I'm giving you a little lattitude. What you choose to do with it is up to you.

[ March 01, 2002, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: TomVols ]

3. Kellisa

Kellisa New Member

Christopher,

Thank you for making the point about not being entered into the race until you are saved. That was the next point I was going to make.

4. Kellisa

Kellisa New Member

Galatians 5:4 "Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever or you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace."

5. Eladar

Eladar New Member

You guys are twisting what I am saying. I am not talking about works. I am not talking about the law. I am talking about actions. Notice what Paul says:

Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble

How does Paul say about how we are to make certain His calling? Paul says we make it certain by actions. Paul says that as long as we practice certain things we will never stumble. Stumble from what? From the passage it is evident that Paul is talking about being one of the chosen. Notice Paul is warning us to make our actual calling secure. The calling is to salvation, not a calling for anything in this world.

And if you don't believe our actions can determine our salvation, then I invite you to come here to talk about it.

[ March 01, 2002, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Tuor ]