1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Tim 2:15 and Sunday School

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 4, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. --2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

Crystal's Church is very good in that their Sunday School is very exhaustive. I mean she is studying right know for a written and oral exam and the material is deep with lots of material. Only once in my life have I been to a church that took Sunday School seriously and got in depth as most just give a short lecture and expect people to retain the information when they themselves are complete morons in educational learning. Years ago I did a BA program in Church Education, however in 2008 I decided I was more gifted as an evangelist and have gone that direction instead. However I remember one summer while at BJU I got to teach in a small IFB church and I tried to do sunday school in a more exhaustive format. At first the people rejected it, because they expected sunday school to be a mini sermon as it is in many IFB Churches, but they eventually caught onto the more conversational discussion based format for education. I think there is a book by Howard Hendricks that explains what I am saying well. How sad it is that most churches ignore it.

My point is that Sunday school with lecture notes, a binder, fill in the blanks, homework, and stuff is a good thing. Sad that mod churches would rather be lazy in doing their SS.

How do you do your sunday school?

#1 evangelist6589, May 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013