1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

#2 Two Salvations? #3 Kingdom Exclusion

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ed Edwards, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Bumper sticker:

DAM
    Mothers Against Dyslexia

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...except that's not what Paul was talking about...

Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Actually that is a problem that most of Christendom has. Eternity does not start the moment of the rapture. There is a 1,000-year age called the day of the Lord or Messianic Kingdom, whatever you would like to call it that will take place before we step out into eternity.

Now some will argue that this 1,000-year reign does not exist, but that is for another thread.

We are living in Man's day right now. We will proceed into the Lord's day in one fashion or another and then after that we will step into the endless day that had no beginning and will have no end.

It's called the septenary arrangement of Scripture. God is at work again for six days (six thousand years) and He will rest for one day (1,000 years). The 1000-year period is not a part of eternity, but a separate age.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Includes everyone who has ever existed, eh? Pretty empty kingdom, then...

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Eternity begins the moment "...so shall we be with the LORD forever".

7. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

If there is sorrow, pain and regret in "heaven" then how is heaven any better than what we have now?

Your first statement and your second statment don't even matchup webdog. Of course there are tears God will wipe away because Revelation 7 tells us so, but these tears will be wiped away before one steps into eternity, because in eternity there is no more pain, no more sorrow, no more grief, no more suffering, no more regret. If you think those things will be ever existing in eternity why in the world would one look forward to getting to a place which is just like the place they'll be leaving?

There will be none of those things in eternity. There will be those things however in the coming age!

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Webdog if you want to convince yourself of that so be it, but as many times as you say it doesn't make it automatically true. Try the word of faith movement. They believe in that type of stuff. Just say over and over and over and create your own reality.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...or you can converge on the catholic belief system to justify your purgatory teachings.

10. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well if this was anything like purgatory that might be an option, but since it's not no thanks. If you want to continue in your misunderstanding about this doctrine that is alright and as much as you mislabel it with purgatory it doesn't make it wrong.

Again just another tactic of those that can not defend their own. If can't defend what you got misjudge, mislabel and/or lie about the other side to try and take the focus off the reality.

It's the exact same thing that happens in politics.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ever hear the word "hypocrite"? Again...pot or kettle?

12. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Allright, lets all take a deep breath.

Thats better.

Webdog, one thing you don't see about this doctrine is that it totally separates the grace of God from our works for eternal salvation. All those verses that the lose-your-salvationists use to show that you must maintain good works have to be incorporated into your theology somehow. The lose-your-salvation guys know these verses apply to believers. OSAS without accountability is rightfully characterized as a license to sin, but when tempered with the truth of the accountability of the believer at the judgment seat of Christ, it is a beautiful harmonizing of scripture.

I can now understand how God can freely give the gift of eternal life to all who believe (even a sinner like myself) apart from works, and still be just and holy in regard to sin in the lives of believers. I can trust fully in the finished work of Christ for my eternal salvation without fearing that somehow I may not be good enough to be saved or that it is somehow dependent on me doing something more than believing on Him. And I can run the race in hope, knowing that I shall be rewarded for my labours, and also knowing the Lord wants me to overcome and it is His good pleasure to give me the kingdom. But I must have the fear of God to keep me from becoming complacent, from resting when I should be working, from saying in my heart that my Lord delayeth His coming. I know I have to be ready for Him to appear at any moment!

13. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

SO SHALL WE EVER BE WITH THE LORD.

I will take Paul's writings here over the lies of the two salvations/kingdom exclusion crowd any day of the week.

And I am comforted by the assurance Paul gives here. Unlike one who believes the lies and hypocrisy being preached that one who is saved can be excluded from the kingdom. Those lies only bring worry to one whether or not one has done enough to enter the kingdom.

Christ does not want His Children to live in fear, or to be anxious for anything.

Worry is sin. If you are worried that you might not do enough on your own to gain entrance, you are living in constant sin.

I am clothed in Christ Jesus because of my trust in His finished work on Mount Calvary. His blood saved me and keeps me and has made my robes white and it is no longer I that live, but Christ lives in me. I have put on His righteousness. Because I am clothed in His righteousness, I am made worthy to enter the kingdom.

Satan's lies and deceitful twisting of God's Holy Word will never convince me otherwise.

14. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Thats beautiful diggin. Now put this one in there.
    1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

15. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

If one is in Christ, one will walk thus

16. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Uh-huh. So now are we right back to no such thing as a carnal Christian? As long as I maintain my fruit, I know I'm saved, right diggin?

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

(blood of Christ) + (myGoodWorks)^2 = Blessed Assurance!

18. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

Please don't mistake my position on this "millennial exclusion" teaching. I actually don't have a concrete position yet, but your last post is unbelievable considering your quote that appears at the bottom of each of your posts. You know...the one about a person "in Christ" that drinks.

19. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Yeah, a true car could never have water in it's gas tank!

20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Yep and if you want to accuse me of being a hypocrite then you need to provide evidence of such with your posting. But I suspect since you didn't and those that post like you never do you are just again slandering someone that doesn't agree with you because you can't refute what they have to say.

But if I have misjudged, mislabeled and/or lied about what you have said then please cough up the evidence. I'll await your response if there is any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.