1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2004 U.S. Olympic Basketball Team

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by DeafPosttrib, Jun 24, 2004.

1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I am so disappoint with U.S. Olympic Basketball team. Many players already dropped out for the invitation to Olympic games in Greece, because of the fear of terrorism. Recently Richard Hamilton and Ben Wallace dropped out, they decided not go to Greece because of their concerning of their family on terrorism.

Shaq, and many another players already dropped out for Olympic basketball team. Only 4 players are going there. Recent, C. Anthony of Denver Nuggets was asked for invitation. He accepted it. So, he joins with four players- Allen Iverson, O' Neal(Indiana Pacers), and other two players. So far there are 5 players for basetball team. But 5 players are not enough. There is only 1 1/2 month left from now, if there is still five players, then U.S. team might be disqualify from Olympic.

I am so disappoint with players who dropped out. I understood what they are concerning of terrorism in Greece during Olympic, because of Sept 11 Attack.

But, where is their faith and confident? Why can't they trust with the security in Greece?

I will not be surprise, U.S. will not make one of either three medals this year, because of lack team players.

Where are their faith and confident?

No excuse for Shaq, he's so giant, and tough. He dropped out. He have no faith and confident with the security of Greece.

Oh come on! U.S. Basketball team needs more good players to join.

From now on, in the next Olympic, U.S. better pick college players instead professional players.

What do you think of 2004 U.S. Olympic basketball team?

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I think the US Olympic basketball teamm may not have been gold medal favourites anyway. With basketball becoming a world sport as evidenced by the large number of non-US players in the NBA there are several teams which can compete now for the gold medal.

Maybe we Americans need to invent a new sport that we can dominate.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the Olympic basketall team of these United States should be amateurs. We have proven when we send our very good NBA players that no one can touch our team. Let's give players other than multi-millionaires a chance to enjoy the Olympics.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

In the last World Championships in Argentina the US sent a quality NBA side and didn't even medal.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It started when other nations had the rules tweaked so they could use THEIR pros. the USA then asked for, and received the same rights as the other nations have, to use their pros.

Some other nations thought the USA had a huge advantage with its college basketball system, & since they had pros of their own, they thought they could "even the playing field". They had no idea how much more advanced the USA pros are compared with pro leagues in other nations.

As for security in Greece, there are still a few Greeks who hate the USA for its joining England in establishing a 'friendly' govt. in Greece after WW2. Tough as the Greeks are, they stillt too careful about searching everyone entering their land.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I was hoping they would go. I don't the the "Dream Team" would have coasted through. Have you noticed the number of foreign born players in the NBA?

7. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Maybe the USA should send an all high school team!

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was not anywhere near our "A" team, maybe our "B" team at best, and they didn't spend much time preparing as a team.

I still think we should send amateurs. Then again, I haven't cared much about international sports competitions like the Olympics in about twenty years. The last event I kept up with was the 1984 Summer Olympics here in these United States.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't Ochofor [sp?] who just got drafted decide to join the team? Bet his pro team will not be happy with the tough workout he will get trying to go for the gold.