1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by aefting, Nov 3, 2004.

1. aefting

aefting New Member

Now that 2004 is in the bag, what are the early predictions for 2008? I can see Hilary getting the Democratic nomination but there is no way she wins. Who runs against her? I think the first woman or black president will be a Republican.

Andy

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A left-centrist Democrat such as a Joe Lieberman type but someone with more pizzazz in his personality.

A somewhat conservative Republican such as Governor Pawlenty of Minnesota.

And perhaps an independent such as Jesse Ventura to liven things up.

3. LaymansTermsPlease

Condoleezza Rice

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I think it will be Hillary Clinton vs. Rudy Giuliani. If Cheney can't complete the next four years, then Bush gets to appoint a new VP, I wouldn't be shocked if he picked Giuliani.

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Condoleezza Rice </font>[/QUOTE]One can only hope.

6. aefting

aefting New Member

Tim Russert mentioned Hillary Clinton, John Edwards or Howard Dean against Rudy Giuliani, John McCain or Bill Frist. It will be interesting to see the primary race between Hillary and Edwards.

I like Frist much more than Giuliani or McCain but I don't think he has a chance. Looks like the Republican party will move decidedly to the left in 2008 unless a real conservative comes to the foreground.

Andy

7. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I don't know of any real conservatives in their current leadership pool. Giuliani has already met with the delegates in NH and OH, and is getting ready to plan for his run for the Whitehouse.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

SInce we'll have had 4 years of a Republican administration, statistics say that the next president will be a democrat. I don't think that Hillary will be that person. I'm guessing that Obama or John Edwards will be the front runner. Unless the Dems put up a total quack, they're statistically likely to have the white house in 2008.

Congress in 2008 will have 1 house that's majority rep, and 1 house that's majority dem.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

A senator hasn't been elected in more than 50 years. I don't think it will be a Senator. I think Hillary is too polarizing and has too much baggage. I am not sure she would win the primaries ... who knows ... can we at least take a couple of days off before starting the next one???? :D

10. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK, next Monday I'll start the "Condy '08" grassroots movement.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Good point. Perhaps another governor. I can't think of any dem governors that jump out of the crowd.

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Someone already beat you to it:

http://www.rice2008.com/

13. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

2008 will be the first election in more than fifty years in which neither candidate is an incumbent president or VP.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I've heard disturbing news about Condi's views on abortion and other "moral issues."

Anybody know anything about those?

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Unless Cheney can't make it for four years, and Bush nominates the 2008 candidate as his new VP.

16. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Dr. Rice has reportedly described herself as "mildly pro-choice" on one occasion and "reluctantly pro-choice" on another.

17. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

18. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

If Cheney has health problems he could step down at anytime, the Constitution gives the President the task of nominating a new VP that the Congress approves of.

19. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Next to the war on terror, I think that the next item on the agenda is the war on health care. Today either folks dont have it or what they can afford doesnt cover much.
    A good candidate would be Senator Frist of Tennesee.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since John F. Kennedy was elected in 1960, all of the winning presidential candidates have either been former/current governors or former/current vice presidents or incumbent presidents.

The best advice to any party wanting to win in 2008 would be to nominate a governor, unless everyone with a chance to win is not in one of the categories above.