1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2011: Looking Forward-Colson

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by shodan, Jan 3, 2011.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Looking Forward
    Which Way Are the Winds Blowing?

By Charles Colson

January 03, 2010

Pundits love to make New Year's predictions about politics, the economy, sports, and so on. As for me, I'll take a pass on making any predictions, because only the Lord knows what's in store.

But I do want to share with you some things we Christians should keep an eye on in the coming year-things that will give us important indications about which way the cultural, moral, and ethical winds are blowing.

We are going to get a very important reading on the future once the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and ultimately the Supreme Court rule on Perry vs. Schwarzenegger. Will the Supremes uphold traditional marriage between one man and one woman, or will they agree with Federal district judge Vaughn Walker, that religious beliefs harm gays and lesbians?

That decision, as I've said earlier on BreakPoint, depends on whether you and I sustain a forceful moral debate. The justices won't interfere if we do.

[And THAT is why it is so important for us all to circulate the Manhattan Declaration http://www.manhattandeclaration.org/home.aspx to Christian friends and ask them to read, sign, and pass it on. In a country of 300 million, where over a third are in church every Sunday, only 500,000 Christians have read and signed it. AND Chrisitans need to be speaking up in public forums, writing letters to the editor, and to their members of Congress.]

Should so-called "gay marriage" become the law of the land in 2011, Christian churches, organizations and businesses will face unimaginable pressure to choose between obeying Caesar and obeying God. Freedom of religion will be in grave peril....

http://www.breakpoint.org/bpcommentaries/entry/13/16116

Christians need to wake up and get off their dead butts. It is almost too late. {My comment, not Colson's}