1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

21. Do you have trouble with allergies?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by SaggyWoman, Apr 23, 2010.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If so, what kind?

I have seasonal allergies and generic allergies. I take an allegra generic.

2. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I have seasonal allergies as well as some food allergies/intollerances. I keep Zyrtec on hand but only use it when I have to.

My food allergies/intollerances are the following: Molasses, brown sugar, all processed meats, most spices (especially powdered soup packets), and most preservatives. This seriously limits me when it comes to food, but I love my diet as it is now because the taste of whole foods is much nicer.

Most of the food stuff just gives me a bad headache. However, some make my tongue feel fuzzy. And once in the night my face, lips, and tongue swelled after eating something I was allergic to (I'm still not certain what did that one, though the Dr suspected ham and/or brown sugar).

3. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I'm also allergic to sulpha based antibiotics.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

pollen, foods, pets

I take shots.

5. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

I am allergic to chocolate. Makes me break out like a 16 year old on prom night.

Environmental allergies: Something in the Spring and Fall but not to bad.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Same here.

I do have some seasonal allergies but it's just been in the last few years so I'm still discovering what is going on. It seems to only be in the fall when I have a hard time. I also seem to be developing an allergy to cats.

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The only allergies I have are to ALL pollens, strong fragrance flowers, mold, ragweed, dog dander, dust mites, wool, some soaps, perfumes, colognes, after shaves, and cheap metals. I had a serious case of the hives once and spent two days in a hospital but still don't know what caused it. Other than that I don't have any allergies. :laugh: