1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

$220 Mill given to Morgan Stanley/Wall St Housewives

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Same old song, different verse. The rich continue to get rich by exploiting the poor.

I imagine after all the outrage subsides, if there is any, nothing will be done. It will be back to business as usual.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, was anything done illegally? If not, then I do not condemn them. They are then making wise decisions. Each one of us has the opportunity to take advantage (and that is not a dirty word) of a situation.

Let me start very simple. I teach the Defensive Driving Class. The tuition is $40. By completing the 6 hour class you will save 10% off your insurance. If you pay $1000 per year you will save a Gross amount of $300 - 40(tuition) = a net savings of $260 over 3 years = average of $86 per year. Yet, what do people say "I cant afford it"
    What a person cannoned afford to save $260?

Heres why - 1) it takes money to make/save money 2) the results are not immediate (could be the happy endings of TV shows all happen in 22 minutes)

"Rich people" have patience - they are willing to take chances. And remember, at times these "rich companies" do loose money.

Now I might agree that the govt system is broke. How do we fix that - we must vote - but that is only a drop in the bucket. We must get involved, that means getting a position with your local political party, get to personally know your Representatives, become an influence.

Until then don't complain. I do complain, because I have been involved with the system

4. billwald

billwald New Member

>Now I might agree that the govt system is broke. How do we fix that - we must vote - but that is only a drop in the bucket. We must get involved, that means getting a position with your local political party, get to personally know your Representatives, become an influence.

The John Birch Society has been preaching that since 1962, 50 years. What has changed for the better?

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We could say the same thing about the Gospel- Evangelical Christianity (and that includes the Fundies :love2:) are loosing ground to non-Christian groups as well as atheists - does that mean we give up - NO - we keep striving.
    Also you mentioned the JBS - some might think that group is too right wing. Well we have to use the "C" word - we will have to comprised some- but it seems many will not compromise at all - even to beat the common enemy.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Who is the common enemy?

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Extreme Liberalism

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I thought it might be those who wrecked our economy and got rewarded for it with hundreds of billions of our tax dollars that they gave to their friends and foreign banks.

We as a nation just got suckered out of hundreds of billions of dollars by an unaccountable global banking and corporate elite, how is "extreme liberalism" to blame for that?

This is the common enemy . . . CLICK HERE.

#8 poncho, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on now....you cant tell me your not outraged. The Feds loaning to foreign interests & all already wealthy interests (with some in the Kamen Islands) on non-recourse loans! Did they really need to take your hard earned money & give it to the Arab Bank of Bahrain?

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    your tuned into it Poncho......muy bien!:thumbs:

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

What really causes me outrage is to see Christians like Salty act like these women did nothing wrong. As long as the average person, like Salty, allows themselves to be hoodwinked by stuff like this, it will continue.

Too many simple people see "liberalism" as the problem. The problem is greed. Maybe they don't see it because it dominates their own lives and to condemn it is to condemn themselves.

12. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Because it's likely that "common enemy" that has people blaming only one side. Divide and conquer, and they get off scott free.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Many people see liberalism as the only problem. I suppose that's because they've had it pounded into their heads by certian right wing Christian "leaders" on tv for years and years.

I agree with Salty that extreme liberalism is a big problem but who or what has been pushing this ideology? The big corporate foundations. Why? In part to keep us divided.

Look at feminism and Gloria Steinem. The CIA and big foundations were behind her every step of the way.

Liberalism serves the globalist elite in that it divides us and makes us use up our energy fighting a contrived idea instead of those who've been pushing this idea on us, to . . .

"degrade the institutions and values of the United States in order to integrate it into a global state that it will direct through the United Nations."

We need to concentrate on our real enemy not just one of the many mechanisms like liberalism they use to attack and divide us.

The fact of the matter is liberals have been lied too and manipulated by the same gaggle of globalists that have been robbing our treasury and getting us involved in multiple wars to make the world safe for the central banking elite and the corporate raiders.

#13 poncho, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sincerely hope that there will be enough outrage on both sides of the fence to force a congressional investigation into where all this money is going....clearly its not going to main street America, rather I see allot of this being payoff money & special interest rewards. It appears our very government is capitulating. I personally know military service men & their families being put through economic hardships & I think "why shouldn't they receive something for there sacrifice instead of these fat cats"? Anyway it is shameful behavior & must not be tolerated by the American public (who funds these shenanigans with hard earned tax money). Brothers & sisters, without our public voices raised in outrage, this sort of deception & fraudulent behavior will surely continue. WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN!

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Exactly. While all our attention and energy is focused on one or more of their side shows the global elite laugh at us while they stuff their pockets full with our property and labor with impunity.

"Ultimately, and upon examining the architects behind this global gambit of deceptive destabilization, we must look past the puppet politicians and the disingenuous liars that presume to give us "the news." We must see the global corporate-financier empire as the source of the problem and its removal and replacement as the solution."

SOURCE

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Subjugation

"Do not believe for an instant that the world's conspiring elite in every nation have so much as a serious quarrel among them. They have just one object: control through tribute. Your slavery, through tribute, and mine... Behind this attack are the self-styled elite, secure in their own power and riches... To be effective we must direct our attacks on the real criminals, the wealthy, and powerful and secret elite of all the world - the conspirators laboring day and night to enslave us."

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"What's wrong is a system completely controlled by a corporate-financier oligarchy with financial, media, and industrial empires that span the globe.

If we do not change the fact that we are helplessly dependent on these corporations that regulate every aspect of our nation politically, and every aspect of our lives personally, nothing else will ever change."

SOURCE

18. billwald

billwald New Member

Exactly what did these people do wrong? They read the laws and rules and took advantage of them. They were smarter than the rest of us. They were better informed than the rest of us. Anyone of us could have done the same thing, right?

So complain about the laws and rules but why are you complaining about the people who followed the laws and rules?

You all insist that the system which enables the rich to get richer is good and "Christian" and then complain when someone is better at working the system than you are.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my oh my oh my, LOL.... you mean gaming the system dont you? That money ( emergency funds which was supposed to be for bail out purposes) was never offered to shlubs like Small Business America (Main Street) ....In fact not offered to even many struggling American factories out there today. That money was targeted to cronies & foreign governments & kept quiet from the American public.

#19 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 17, 2011
  20. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

These powers are seen as "makers" as opposed to "takers" (i.e. all the little people), and as is being made clear again and again in this partisan battle, those deemed "makers" are seen as having 'earned' it all, and those of us who were too lazy or otherwise opted out of climbing to their level deserve to be subjugated to them (and even the people who hold this ideology will concede to that themselves). Hence it's only the side that seems to oppose this that is seen as evil, and the other little people next to or even below seen as wrongfully getting everything from us.

#20 Eric B, Apr 17, 2011