1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

29 of 56 Held Seminary Degrees!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 19, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The following video is not the plate of information that it may be to many. However, what is impressive is that of the 56 persons who signed the Declaration of Independence, 29 held seminary degrees?

Did you know that for nearly a decade, church services were held inthe Capitol, led by the Marine Corp band?

Enjoy this video, and draw your own conclusions as to how much influence God had on our founding fathers and the development of this nation.

SEE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlfEdJNn15E

Of course, I want to present both sides of the story presented by David Barton in the first video, so please view this video, too:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9W4I_NL7rI&feature=related

Unfortunately, there are two sides, and you will have to draw your own conclusions. Consider the source of both speakers in the videos, and make up your own mind as to whether this nation is, or is not a Christian nation.

For the sake of stopping any arguments before they begin. I am not promoting the abolishment of the separation of church and state. I am merely implying that this nation was founded by najority of believers, who prayed, trusted and read the Word of God. :praying:

This is truly the reason we can say with confidence in our heart: God bless America!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not know that about our Capital building. Thanks for posting.

3. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Could it have been that seminaries were the ONLY type of higher education at the time? Just axin'.

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good question

Sorry I don't have the answer to that, however there were bookkeeping, teacher schools, business schools, military schools, medical colleges, law schools, etc. I'm sure seminary was not the only game in town. But, it is still worth the price of the paper.

See the following for additional info: http://www.thefreemanonline.org/columns/education-in-colonial-america/

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those always talking against higher education/seminary (cemetary) degrees, I'd wager they are thankful for the founders and patriots of old who did actually have some edjumication. :type:

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. Bring Pastor Bob, bring it!

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we talking theological seminaries?

8. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And they were all Freemasons, too!

So not only have the Freemasons taken over our country and designed the streets in DC, and wear tophats n white gloves, they also had seminary degrees.

Thus, higher education at a seminary is from the devil.

I DARE any of you to refute my logic!!!!! :laugh:

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I think he was talking about medical seminaries. :laugh: