1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2Tim 3:12

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Mar 17, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You seem to be trying to overcome scripture. I however believe what it says;
    Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
    I see no exceptions.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I am pretty sure that most of us have not been persecuted like those in the bible. The Disciples went away rejoicing after they were beaten for preaching Christ!! They went away rejoicing because they had been thought worthy to be beaten for His name!

Now, I do believe that we all have had some type of persecution, and it mainly starts within our immediate family. They will throw things up in your face when you try to talk to them; like, "you remember when you used to do this?" for an example. When you place God first in your life, and someone scoffs at you when you go to church, or go visit a sick person, then you know you are on the right trail!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I once heard the late Dr. Adrian Rogers define the word

Persecution

Evil that is returned for the good you have given in Jesus' name