1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 female ghosts that haunt the church

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree with your reconciling certain behaviors to the causes she lists. For example:

She suggests that:

This is an absurd claim and actually reaks of bitterness. She seems to have some unresolved issues about women in the ministry.

Further she said:

The above behavior , she is criticizing, she ties to the ghost of "Temptress". Of course. This is most certainly appropriate and it has nothing to do with so called "ghosts". 1500 men drop out of the pastorate every month. Men of God are protecting themselves from temptation and that is needful and appropriate. Turning this into a criticism is just odd.

That is right. Every wise man will do this.

I find it odd yet again that this would be criticized.

I could go on but I have made my point. She has issues she needs to work out with her husband.

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you Rev that she goes to far with the Temptress. I think that all the behaviors she mentioned are just wise course of action for any married man to take when dealing with a women, not just men in ministry. My husband and I were talking about that yesterday after we read this article.

4. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its a matter of going about your daily life lead by the Holy Spirit. I agree with the Rev and blessed.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen some of those "ghosts". Many times. They are real. I don't think she was criticizing, but asking the reader to be careful.

If your church is the type where that doesn't exist, you many find the article off-putting.

All I can tell you is that I can bear testimony to witnessing them. It doesn't make me want to leave the church at all. But it does occasionally frustrate.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article is off putting because the things she is asking the readers to be careful of are in fact appropriate and needful. It would be a shame for the church to lose them.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Perhaps Crabby has a guilty conscience given some of the goofy threads he starts. That will not clear your conscience Crabby!