1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 reasons why public sector employees are killing the economy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Mar 31, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Good stuff.

http://biggovernment.com/ngillespie...lic-sector-employees-are-killing-the-economy/

The basics:

1. They cost too much. As USA Today recently noted, federal employees make on average almost $8,000 more than their private-sector counterparts. When you add in benefits, the gap spreads to about $30,000.

2. We can’t fire them. Because it is guaranteed certain amounts of tax revenue and has a non-market mind-set, the public sector is largely insulated from such forces and keeps or even adds workers despite changed conditions. The result? We keep paying for things that we don’t use, need, or want.

3. They create a permanent lobby for expanded government and higher taxes. For the first time in history, the number of public-sector union employees is greater than those in the private sector, so expect to see even more lobbying for the sorts of mandatory raises and permanent job security that most of us can only dream of.

2. targus

targus New Member

You need to add - For the most part they don't produce anything. All they do is suck up taxpayer money.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets keep in mind that a good number of federal employees are needed and very prodcutive.

A big problem is too many govt agencies that dupulicate workload,ect.

I will agree that Fed employees do make a very good living.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Agreed.

Also...because of the lobbying influence of government worker unions...we end up paying benefits that we can't afford to pay.

Not to mention the way that many gov't entities go...once a job is created--it doesn't matter if it becomes obsolete, redundant, or unaffordable--that job is permanent. Along with the costly benefits.

Finally...There's just too many government workers compared to the number of taxpayers supporting them.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

federal employees make way too much when you can't get them to do anything right, they say they did it and you find out later they did not, and your the penalized for their mistake. Not to mention they don't bother answering the phone or calling back. Just what do they do all day?

6. MrJim

MrJim New Member

To survive the coming changes it will be a serious option...I wonder if I would take a Fed job if offered~and I distrust the system as much as anyone...I suppose it would make me a supreme hypocrite to do that..imagine, I heard they were going to need beaucoup more IRS agents..