1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

30-year Christian marriage under attack...

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by WordOMatic, Feb 10, 2009.

1. WordOMatic

WordOMatic New Member

This is my first post here, and I apologize for it being a long and needy one. I just found this board and look forward to not only asking for prayer but joining in launching many on others' behalf, as well.

My wife and I divorced 21 years ago. Afterward, I got saved, hit my knees, and God worked a string of miracles that culminated in our remarriage nine months later. We raised two kids in church and both are now Godly people married to Godly people, praise the Lord. 21 years later, my wife has decided that she's leaving again.

Many things got us to this point, including some miserable failures in my role as spiritual leader, but the bottom line right now is that there is zero biblical justification for divorce and the loss of a 30-year marriage between Christians is just a tragedy. My dear wife is at the moment spiritually obtuse, totally closed off to what the Bible has to say about marriage and divorce. She is being deceived by evil, both spiritual evil and indirect evil in friends and family who are giving her the "we love you and support whatever you want to do" support system.

I have one week before she leaves with all her possessions heading back to our home state hundreds of miles away.

I would be so very grateful if any prayer warriors here can find the time to join me in calling on the Lord to avert this train wreck. Here are the high points of what I and many others are praying for:

- That He will give me the words, actions, and demeanor to say and do what He would have, that I can be His instrument in this.

- That He will give me constant discernment and hyper-awareness of the need of the moment.

- That He will bind and drive away any evil forces from her, that He will put a protective sphere around her, that the light of Christ will flood her soul from above and the Spirit flood it from within to convict her of the terrible mistake she's about to make.

- That He will do whatever necessary in order to soften her heart and open herself to God and to me. (21 years ago, the thing that finally broke her was an audible whisper from God.)

- That He will shatter any support system that is contrary to His will.

These needs constantly evolve, of course, but this is a long enough first post already. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer. I thank you for reading and considering this desperate plea for prayer.

In Christ...

2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I am praying for you and your wife.

Blessings

following-Him :praying:

3. MorganT

MorganT New Member

You might want to go and rent the movie "Fireproof"
    Fireproof
    And buy the book, its a great movie and based on biblical priciples. Ill be praying for you.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for both of you two.

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

WordOMatic :

We will be praying for you and your wife
    and your precious children.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are in my prayers.

7. Apreacher4Him

Apreacher4Him New Member

In sincerity and truth

Yes you are standing on the right side of marital reconcilliation.

Are you pleading God for mercy and Grace that you are on the right side
    of Godly love and speach?

I have made pleas of my own to my bride in the name of Christ, but alas they have not yet availed because I played the hypocrite too long. Why should she listen to me... You and I's only hope is that she will listen to the Spirit.
    But, I dare say that if you regard iniquity in your heart that the Lord will not hear you. You do not build a relationship with God to find a relationship with your wife.
    But you cannot have a right relationship with either without a right relationship with both. SEEK THE LORD and WAIT on HIM.

My best advice keep praying, keep seeking the Spirit's leading
    And follow the advice of David who

FIRST - ENCOURAGED himself in the LORD - Keep the helmet of the Joy of the Lord - the joy of your salvation... no matter how long you wait.

SECOND - PRAYED/ASKED shall we PURSUE... Do not assume that God wants you to do nothing to reach out to your wife... But, do not assume that God wants you to reach out to your wife personally at all.. PRAY.. and let the peace of God rule in your heart... Delight yourself in the Lord and He will GIVE YOU the desires of your heart... NO GOOD THING will HE WITHHOLD from him that walks uprightly... He who finds a wife finds a GOOD THING.

God bless... and I am praying...

Please see my prayer thread as well..

Lord please reconcille this couple and Michael and Cheri as well.

8. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

:praying: :praying: :praying: :jesus:

9. Apreacher4Him

Apreacher4Him New Member

Still praying indeed

Still praying indeed Brother.

You know of my sincerity. Amen.

10. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: ........

11. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: .....

12. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying::praying:

13. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for healing and forgiveness in this broken marriage.

14. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praying that each party will
    forgive, love and want God
    in their marriage.