1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

300-Pound Girth?

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Martin, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Imagine you fall off of a cruise ship deep out in the Atlantic ocean. You are rescued by the Coast Guard and the national media reports your name and that you were saved because of your "300-pound girth"! That has got to be insulting though, I suppose, it is technically true. Poor guy!

STORY: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259344,00.html

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

If he jumped off the ship as it says, doesn't that mean he was attempting to commit suicide? However, instead of sinking he was kept afloat by his great size. I thought fat was heavy. Wouldn't it have made him sink faster?:laugh:

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's muscle that sinks. When I used to bodybuild in my 20's, I couldn't swim a lick. It took every ounce of energy I had to stay afloat.

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You would think that the ship would have at least made a cursory search for this man.

#4 Terry_Herrington, Mar 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Which is why it's so unwise to be very muscular. What if you fall off a cruise ship?

:laugh:

6. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Yeah!

I'm not fat, I'm just preparing for the coming ice age, during which all of you skinny people will die off from lack of food, and after which will bring massive flooding due to melting snow and ice, thereby allowing me to stay afloat and survive while all you lucky skinny people, who somehow survived the ice and snow and lack of food, now drown in the water.

Then, I'll be KING OF THE WORLD!!! MWOOHAHAHAHAHA!!!!