1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

40 Days of Purpose Driven Life

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jeffrey H, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

Our church is planning a study written by Rick Warren - "40 Days of Purpose Driven Life". Has anyone actually read or studied this curriculum and can give me some objective comments? I have not read any of Rick Warren's books, so I do not have any opinion one way or the other. I would appreciate comments if you have actually READ the book and not an opinion based on what you have heard from your friends. This is not to be confused with Warren's book "Purpose Driven Church".

2. LarryN

LarryN New Member

I read PDL over 40 days time, in addition to my regular Bible reading. I finished it about a month ago. Each day I could hardly wait to get to the next chapter, and I had to discipline myself to not read ahead.
    I've been a christian for 30+ years, but I felt I gained a fresh, renewed perspective on so many things, and I have gained a renewed commitment in many areas.
    I chose to underline things that really spoke to me, and the book has barely a page without markings.
    My church is going to go through the 40 days program beginning next month, and we're expecting God's blessings.

3. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

For all of those who have interacted with me regarding this subject matter ....

I have no opinion about Rick Warren or the 40 Days of Purpose .... [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

Seriously, you and your church are in for a blessing. The 40 Days campaign is awesome. You will be joining over 4100 other churches this Fall alone in focusing upon God's purposes for the believer. Hope you enjoy the journey.

Pay no attention to the critics. They have yet to offer any sound reasoning for their criticism.

4. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

Thanks for the input. [​IMG]

I have heard some criticism, but it's mostly from folks who had not actually read the book or gone through the curriculum. These types of opinions are worthless to me. :rolleyes:

--Jeff

5. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

My church starts "40 Days of Purpose" this Sunday!! I am really, really excited about it, both for what God will do through it in the life of my church, and in my life personally! [​IMG]