1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

45% Say Cancel Rest of Stimulus Spending

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forty-five percent (45%) of Americans say the rest of the new government spending authorized in the $787-billion economic stimulus plan should now be canceled. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that just 36% disagree and 20% are not sure.

More Here

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

obama doesn't care what the american people want, or tey opinion of anyone, he's got the white house, and working and a throne.

3. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the stimulus was actually going to help our nation recover quickly from the recession, I'd be in favor of it.

Hannity, a couple of weeks ago, highlighted 101 ways that our tax payer dollars are being wasted. Those 101 ways that he mentioned still didn't add up to the $757 billion. I know that one of the thing mentioned was alotting so much money to help build a bridge in Florida that isn't going to built for at least another 4 to 5 years.

I still don't see how the Obama administration can claim a victory for creating 150,000 jobs when our unemployment rate has climbed over 9%. Obama originally said that our unemployment rate would top out at 8%.