1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

490 YEARS DONE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by tamborine lady, Dec 19, 2004.

1. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

The 490 years have been completed. They were finished when Jesus gave His life on the cross for us!

All bold type are my comments to explain what these parts of the scripture refers to.

Dan. 9-24- Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy 25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge:(a commentary) says about Daniel 9:24

* Seventy weeks.
    That is, seventy weeks of years, or 490 years, which reckoned
    from the seventh year of Artaxerxes, coinciding with the
    4,256th year of the Julian period, and in the month {Nisan,}
    in which Ezra was commissioned to restore the Jewish state and
    polity, (Ezr 7:9-26) will bring us to the month of Nisan of
    the 4,746th year of the same period, or A.D. 33 the very
    month and year in which our Lord suffered, and completed the
    work of our salvation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here in Ezra 7-11 we see that this commandment was given

Ezra 7-11:.
    Now this is the copy of the letter that the king Artaxerxes gave unto Ezra the priest, the scribe, even a scribe of the words of the commandments of the LORD, and of his statutes to Israel.
    12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, unto Ezra the priest, a scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace, and at such a time.
    13 I make a decree, that all they of the people of Israel, and of his priests and Levites, in my realm, which are minded of their own freewill to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee. -------------------------------------------27 Blessed be the LORD God of our fathers, which hath put such a thing as this in the king's heart, to beautify the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem:

Dan 9-26 And after threescore and two weeks ( this is the 3 1/2 years that Jesus preached the good news before He was crucified) shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary( this refers to the ruler that came after Jesus died, and sacked the Temple that they rebuilt earlier;) and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,(this refers to Jesus shedding His blood for us so that it was no longer neccessary to sacrifice bulls and goats on the alter at the Temple) and for the overspreading of abominations(these abominations are the fact that the Jews did not accept His sacrifice of His life for them, and kept on doing the sacrifices of bulls and goats.) he shall make it desolate,(thats why He allowed the temple to be sacked in 70 AD). even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is no 7 years of tribulation coming. There will be tribulation, just not "7" years. (Maybe more, maybe less} The temple will not be rebuilt on the Dome of the Rock even if something does knock it down,

God will not allow them to start the sacrifices again. It would be ABOMINATION!!

The 490 years ended when Jesus died,

Some say it was around the time of Stevens' stoning. In any event, it is over. Finished.

There WILL be a rapture in the future. At the "Last Trump" the dead in Christ shall rise, etc.

Working for Jesus,

Tam
    [​IMG]

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes but "maybe" you have been misinformed! You think that just because all Bible prophecies -- in fact ALL timelines - are contiguous (or else there is no way to use them as a measure or a predictive line) that this must also apply to Daniel 9's 490 year prophecy - the 70 week (490 days - which are 490 years) timeline of Daniel that starts out with the 70 year timeline of Jeremiah.

You appear to think that timelines (like any measuring rod) must be contiguous (like all timelines in scripture) and that if they are broken to pieces with undefined lengths inserted - they no longer serve as a usuable timeline.

Why are you thinking that?

Why not break the rules just once for this one timeline in Daniel 9? It opens a lot of "other possible story options" if you do that and some of them are quite entertaining.

In Christ,

Bob

3. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

No, I'm only talking about this ONE timeline. You can do whatever you want with the rest.

Peace,

Tam

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Daniel 9 it says that Christ causes Sacrifices and offerings to cease. In Heb 10 we find the same thing regarding Christ's "once for all time" sacrifice.

Daniel 9 says He makes a firm covenant - and we see this fulfilled in Matt at the last supper.

For each of the major pointers in Daniel 9 - you see them fulfilled in the NT.

In Christ,

Bob

5. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Tammy, my lady, got a question.

9:24
    Seventy sevens (490 years) are decreed for your people (Jews) and your holy city (Jerusalem):

to finish transgression

to put an end to sin

to atone for wickedness

to bring in everlasting righteousness.

to seal up prophecy and

to anoint the most holy.

All the above have to be fulfilled within the 490 years. If 490 years have been completed then all the above have been accomplished. When were these specifics accomplished?

6. Watchman

Watchman New Member

An excellent reply prophecynut.
    Jesus says quite plainly: "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be." (Mt. 24:21)
    Does this fit any event in the past?

Paul writes: "Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits in the temple of God, showing himelf that he is God." (2Thes. 2:3-4)
    Again, does this fit anywhere in the past? If so, what temple? and who was it?

As for trying to fit this person with anyone in the past, there is a big problem with that, as we continue to read in 2Thes. 2: "And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming." (2Thes 2:8)
    Has the Lord Jesus returned at anytime to do that to anyone?

Read Revelation 13. For brevity let me summarize:
    Has anyone displayed great signs and wonders, even making fire come down from heaven?
    Has there ever been an "image of the beast" that could speak?
    Has there ever been a time when no one could buy or sell without some sort of "mark"?

One must always look at all scriptures that applies to a subject.

7. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

ProphecyNut and Watchman,

All very good questions, and I will address them one by one.

Bear in mind that none of the things you mentioned HAVE to happen within the 490 years, so we don't have to rip out that last seven years and move it up.

Your questions were:

An excellent reply prophecynut.
    Jesus says quite plainly: "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be." (Mt. 24:21)
    Does this fit any event in the past?

No, it is in the future,and it is not mentioned in the 490 year prophecy.

Paul writes: "Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits in the temple of God, showing himelf that he is God." (2Thes. 2:3-4)

There will be a man of sin appear on the scene, he will say that he is God, and the temple the scripture refers to is the body. Our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. I believe that even sinners are the temple even tho they don't reilize it,

As for trying to fit this person with anyone in the past, there is a big problem with that, as we continue to read in 2Thes. 2: "And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming." (2Thes 2:8)
    Has the Lord Jesus returned at anytime to do that to anyone?

Nope you're right, hasn't happened yet. That is referring to the "rapture". It is not part of the 490 years. It will happen sometime in the future.

Read Revelation 13. For brevity let me summarize:
    Has anyone displayed great signs and wonders, even making fire come down from heaven?
    Has there ever been an "image of the beast" that could speak?
    Has there ever been a time when no one could buy or sell without some sort of "mark"?

Never fear, the mark will be here soon, and when it comes, a lot of people won't recognize it. And there will be fire come down from heaven in the future. The signs and wonders will come and the "image of the beast" that can speak is allready here. It's called a television!

One must always look at all scriptures that applies to a subject.

Correct, one must always look at the scripture for the subject they are working on, and the ones you mentioned are not about what you have been taught they are. Do yourselves a favor and study it for yourselves.

Working for Jesus,

Tam
    [​IMG]

[ December 20, 2004, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: tamborine lady ]

8. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Tam sweetie, I think your halo has a kink in it.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Several huge problems.

1. In Dan, it does not say that Christ causes the sacrifices to cease. It says "he" who in the context is the prince who is to come ... The antichrist.

2. The covenant made is not the covenant of the last supper. IT is a covenant of peace made by the prince who is to come with the Jews.

3. He makes the covenant for one week (seven years). Christ's covenant is a permanent one.

4. The covenant made in Dan 9 is broken half way through. Christ's covenant is never broken.

5. The 490 years did not end after Jesus death. Dan 9 says that Messiach was cut off (died) after the 69th week, 483 years.

Someone, it appears, did not read Dan 9 very closely. Dan 9 has not yet been completely fulfilled. As with so many of these kinds of questions, reading the text without any presuppositions answers most of them.

10. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Daniel 9:24 speaks of ‘bringing in everlasting righteousness’ and ‘the anointing the most High.’

Jesus lived on earth, died and ascended into Heaven. From then until now I believe it is a quantum leap to say that our world is enjoying ‘everlasting righteousness.’ And unless I missed a huge piece of Christ’s experiences while on earth as recorded in the Bible, I never recall a group of disciples or apostles anointing Him as King over the earth in a spiritual sense or in the sense of a monarch who would govern the entire earth. The relative few who are saved hardly makes our Lord King in these moments of time. [Matt. 7:14]

Right after the Second Coming of Christ He will be Ruler over His theocracy for 1,000 years and He will be seated as resident and resplendent Monarch over the entire earth. [Zechariah chapter 14]
    ‘ . . . over all the earth.’ [vs.9] people from around the world will come to Jerusalem to see and hear Jesus our Messiah and coming King. [vs. 16]

Saul was anointed as noted in I Samuel 15:1 and King David the second king of Israel, but not our Lord.

This being said, the prophet Daniel has to be speaking of the future even to our time. It takes time to study future Biblical events.

I had been like the young beagle seeing the rabbit and chasing it with my eyes until the rabbit disappeared. While understanding little about prophecy I was like the inexperienced beagle who loses the scent of the trail and kept getting off track. After years of study I know how His history will unfold.

If, prophecynut will indulge me, he is like the experienced beagle who does not chase the rabbit too fast so the rabbit feels intimidated and dives into the first rabbit hole. The beagle remains at a distance and returns the rabbit to the hunter.

prophecynut, this is a compliment as to what you have declared to this point in time. [​IMG]

Watch carefully his insights.

11. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Dear Gracious Ray

I appreciate your compliments and return recognition of your keen perceptions and discernment of the Word. I've been studying prophecy since 1985 when I read The Late Great Planet Earth and watched a Christian program about Armageddon. Since then I've follow a independent path of understanding, sniffing out every trail for clues of truth in the prophetic Word. The knowledge I have has been built on the foundation of great Biblical scholars before me. The accuracy of this knowledge can only be attributed to the Holy Spirit and God's sovereign choice in revealing his grace before that day comes upon us.

You've placed yourself in a position of acceptance and further enlightenment of those things which have yet to be revealed. I'll will be sending you important OT Scriptures for your review that apply to this present generation. I will first give you the opportunity on your own to correctly interpret them and then assist you if need be.

Glory, Honor and Praise to the one "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually - prophecynut is being fairly consistent with his previous posts.

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True.

No, it is in the future,and it is not mentioned in the 490 year prophecy.
    </font>[/QUOTE]True again. But why not add it in "anyway"??

Tammy said -
    </font>[/QUOTE]You shouldn't get sidetracked so easily.

The point remains - nothing in 2Thess 2 mentions the 70 week 490 year timeline.

Nope you're right, hasn't happened yet. That is referring to the "rapture". It is not part of the 490 years. It will happen sometime in the future.
    </font>[/QUOTE]True

So far - Tammy wins.

In Christ,

Bob

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True. But Christ IS everlasting righteousness. He is after all "Jesus Christ the Righteous".

In Romans 9 we find that he DID go and annoint the most Holy in heaven upon His return.

In Daniel 9 the Messiah is said to put a stop to sacrifice and sin offering.

In Heb 10 Paul says that the Messiah put a stop to sacrifice and offerings.

It is all there.

In Christ,

Bob

15. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Context Bob, Context!

Dn. 9:24 - "Seventy sevens are decreed for your people ( Jews ) and your holy city ( Jerusalem )....to bring in everlasting righteousness" :rolleyes:

16. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Thanks Bob! I need to correct one thing tho, if I may:

You said:

Tammy said -

This was not my words. It was a quote from Watchman.

However you did have my answer to that correct.

Thanks again for scoring me the winner.

[​IMG]

Peace,

Tam

17. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

This is for propecynut:

I have a little time on you. "The Late Great Planet Earth" was one of the first books I read after I got saved.

And for years, I bought the lie of the pre-trib rapture and the 7 years dislodged from the 483.

I have been studying the bible for over 30 years, and slowly, over those years, the Holy Ghost has finally gotten through!!

As for my Halo having "kink" in it, it's not a kink, it's a jewel in my crown!! Big difference!!

Peace,

Tam

18. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Aw come on folks, don't be bashful.

Talk to me!

Peace,

Tammy

19. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

The 490 years will not be fulfilled until the Millennium.

Here's a few scriptures:

To finish transgression, to end sin and atone for wickedness for his people and Jerusalem.

Eze. 36:24-25,33 - For I will take you out of the nations; Iwill gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 33. This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt.

Eze. 37:22-23 - I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms. They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding, and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

Romans 11:26-27 - And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: The deliverer will come from Zion: he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.

To bring in ever lasting righteousness:

Isa. 45:25 - But in the LORD all the descendants of Israel will be found righteous and will exult.

Isa. 60:21 - Then will all your people be righteous and they will possess the land forever.

Jer. 23:5-6 - The days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will raise up to David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The LORD Our Righteousness.

To anoint the Most Holy:

Eze. 41:4 - And he measured the length of the inner sanctuary, it was twenty cubits, and its width was twenty cubits across the end of the outer sanctuary. He said to, "This is the Most Holy Place.

Eze. 45:3 - In the sacred district, measure off a section 25,000 cubits long and 10,000 cubits wide. In it will be the sanctuary, the Most Holy Place.

To seal up prophecy:

The end of prophecy will be completed when all the things in the seven seal scroll are fulfilled (Rev. 5:1-5).

20. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

All those are wonderful scriptures and will all be fullfilled sometime in the future.

But how can you tie them to the 490 years? Show me scripture that says they are connected.

You can't because there is none!!

Peace,

Tammy