1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

5 Things This Calvinist Believes

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Hardsheller, May 22, 2003.

1. Felix

Felix Member

I keep asking and asking...

Again, where does that 'believing' or 'faith' come from? Is it given to everyone or is it the gift of the Holy Spirit to the elect?
    Gal 5:22 says that faith is the gift of the Spirit. To whom are these gifts given? To believers or unbelievers? Obviously to believers! BUT, how come an unregenerate man can believe and have faith in Christ without the Spirit's help and the believer needs the gift of faith to go on?

See also: Acts 5:31 and 16:14! It seems pretty clear to me....:)

With brotherly love

Pardi

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

I keep asking and asking...

Again, where does that 'believing' or 'faith' come from? Is it given to everyone or is it the gift of the Holy Spirit to the elect?
    Gal 5:22 says that faith is the gift of the Spirit. To whom are these gifts given? To believers or unbelievers? Obviously to believers! BUT, how come an unregenerate man can believe and have faith in Christ without the Spirit's help and the believer needs the gift of faith to go on?

See also: Acts 5:31 and 16:14! It seems pretty clear to me....:)

With brotherly love

Pardi
    </font>[/QUOTE]Now there you go, trying to confuse people by presenting Scriptural evidence. :D

3. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

When I started this discussion days ago - I had no idea it would generate such heated debate. I merely stated what I believed.

5 Things This Calvinist Believes

1. All men Can Freely Make Choices
    2. God does not force any person to do something that person doesn’t want to do.
    3. People are in Hell not because of God but because of their own unbelief.
    4. God is fair.
    5. Evangelism is Necessary.

I still believe these five things are true and I believe they are consistent with the Biblical Witness and with the Doctrines of Grace.