1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 5 Ways To Be Unsatisfied With Your Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Dec 31, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its unfortunate that MOST ministries lack teaching these things.. Very sad indeed....

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    PA? I see it more as an (honest) opinion- - especially since you often attack your church of attendence

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good response:thumbsup:

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is what cagey cals do. They justify their divisive behavior and paint any opposition of disagreement in unrealistic characterizations.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's not a personal attack and when I wrote it, I was thinking kindly. Just as I would tell the young man in our church who SO wants to preach that he's not quite ready yet, I see the same in you. You have the heart but need some more maturing, honestly. Just speaking as a sister in Christ - not to attack.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek: OH NOoooooooo..... LOL, not another one of those "Cagey Calvinists" with their "divisive behavior" Ohhhhhh , bunch of miscreants!!! ROFL

7. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

JonC--thanks for the clarity. I had misunderstood you.

When I referred to the church as a family I was thinking of those types where nobody so much as has dinner with someone not a member of that church. No being on a regular bowling league at a normal alley, but have to find a church league at a church alley. That sort of thing.

I do still believe when a church is properly evangelizing (which includes initial salvation, understanding and accepting the Lordship of Christ, and discipling growth) there will naturally be deep friendships formed and close fellowship.

My argument is only that when churches get the cart before the horse, as in "come hang with us we won't bother you with repentance and salvation" as some less good versions of the church growth movement have you do it is a problem.

If we keep the main thing the main thing (evangelism) we grow healthy, close knit but not enmeshed churches.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think it regional (I have been to several churches, but have not actually visited one that lacked the desire or capability of presenting the full Word of God). Perhaps I am therefore "disconnected" with the nation wide norm.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also misunderstood you. I have seen churches that are really social gatherings as well.