1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

50 Most Influential Churches

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bb_baptist, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Grace...I know you are kidding but that kind of thing could well be coming....and sooner than we think.We Americans know very little of real persecution....But the Bible says that 'all that live godly in Christ Jesus SHALL suffer persecution.'I'm afraid that many in the traditional "church" as we know it in this country simply won't know how to deal with that when it does come.Many churches are building themselves up on the shifting sands of the "culture" to accomodate the world so as to have the opportunity to "win" them.Very sad and VERY wrong.We should plant our feet squarely on the unmovable "old landmarks" of the Word of God and put on the whole "armor" of God.The true Christian life is likened in the Word of God to a continual warfare between our Lord Jesus Christ,us as His Children....and the world,the flesh,and the devil.It is not some syrupy sweet prosperity or word of faith gospel or the fatherhood of God,brotherhood of man social gospel that is so prevalent in the apostate mainline denominational churches.This world and much of the "professing" church of our day is in a headlong rush right into the PIT.My prayer is...God,give us the love for you,the love for the lost,the wisdom and discernment to stand by the truth(sound doctrine)....and having done all..to stand...and let our light so shine before men that they may see our good works(which are actually HIS works IN us) and glorify our Father which is in heaven.God help us!

Greg Sr.
    P.S. Personally,I don't look for my spiritual wisdom or guidance on TV shows...that may be the ultimate shifting sand in our world today....climbing OFF my soapbox now..lol.

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I am getting in on this post a little late but I think it is worthy to point out that they are labeled as the "50 most influential churches. Not "most biblical", or churches with the "soundest doctrine" etc. You cannot deny that, even if you disagree, Rick Warren has been a big influence on lives, whether for good or evil.
    The most interesting observation to me is that not one Roman Catholic Church is mentioned as being influential. I wonder why?

3. shannonL

shannonL New Member

There is some truth to what your saying Greg.
    It just seems so wild to americans because we have never had to experience direct persecution for our faith. I do know that when Christ gathers His bride that there won't be any pretenders gathered in. He wants a pure church. Persecution is always a good cleanser.