1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

6 day creation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by IAMWEAK_2007, Jul 12, 2011.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many of you deniers of a 'gap' between Gen 1:1 & 1:2 hold to a 'gap' between the 69th and 70th weeks of Daniel?

At least revmwc is holding true to form.

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I am not advocating it I am stating the fact that they argue it. The arguement being the death that man experienced is not the same as animal life in the teaching. There was no soul nor knowledge of God in the prehistorics therefore that death was not what is refered too.

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Not sure if that is compliment or not.

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

based upon prior postings between him and you...

Would lean towards 'not"

Do you hold to there being a pre Adamic race or not?

Dinosaurs with people, or died out?

A Universal Flood, or limited one?

Thanks!

5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

LOL

There would be no pre-Adamic race no humans prior to Adams creation, For God said "let us Make Man in Our image." Man was created on the sixth day.

Dinasaurs lived in Job's day and were on the Ark with Noah I believe. Also "NESSIE" is probably a Dinasaur that is still living today.

The flood was universal proof of that exist on Mt. Everest in that it has sedimentary rock in its upper layers. As just one proof of a universal flood.

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Thought that would get a "chuckle"

Believe in all of the above also!

Do you see "Bigfoot" as a Hoax totally, or possible primate/Ape?

7. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Really? I would say that the earth is at least 5 days older. Are you saying I am calling God a liar? :confused:

It could be said that to say that the earth is NOT older than the genealogies of the Bible show is to call Him a liar.

8. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

When you say "prove" suddenly it sounds like absolute non refutable evidence. The fact is if you go that route then the existence of God is in question for many(by the way I have no question).
    What we have is a clear statement in the bible that the earth was created in six days, the order of that creation, and along with that we are given, although not in totality, a reasonable genealogy of man’s existence. So by faith it can believed that the earth is around 6 thousand years old. Those who do not have the faith to believe what is given in scripture will hold a view of a different amount of time because they base their view on things other then the bible.

10. Baptist boy

Baptist boy New Member

I believe these verses from Exdous 20 proves that God created the universe in a literal six days and rested on the seventh:

8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it

If the days in Genesis creation account were just a metaphor for thousands of years for a day then why is it that we have a literal seven day week and did God mean that we should work for a couple of thousands of years then rest for a thousand or so?

11. mandym

mandym New Member

I am trying to figure out how you find those two comparable. Surely not just because of the gap itself? Help me out here will ya?

12. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To quote you:

"There is just no credibility for the Gap Theory. One must read into scripture that which is just not there."

The insertion of a gap of thousands of years between the 69th and 70th weeks is 'reading into scripture that which is just not there'.

Arthur Pink held to a gap between Gen 1:1 & 1:2, and I've tended to agree with him in the past, mainly because the restoration of the creation fits the type given in 2 Cor 4 of God shining in our hearts to give us the knowledge of Christ, thus restoring us to fellowship.

#32 kyredneck, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011