1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a 2nd doc? Why?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by SATS PROF, Aug 10, 2018.

1. SATS PROF

SATS PROF Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Corban University offers a DMin in Theology and Apologetics taught by Wayne House -with whom I respectfully somewhat disagree. I might be wrong as I was once in 1967 :).

Anyway,I decided to enroll. Why?

to be called doctor?
    to get a job?
    to increase my earnings?

no. to learn!

I already have a D. Th. and am 78 years old with lots of time on my hands and much enjoy doing research on Christology which is the topic of the thesis- project. I am engaged in interesting issues as does Patristic exegesis support eternal role subordination, does God's simplicity make the eternal subordination of the Son impossible, is functional kenoticism contrary to Chalcedon, is Cyril right that Christ does not act differently in his natures, should enhypostasia be re evaluated, and 30 or so other topics? The thesis project is aimed at improving Christological instruction in graduate studies. Sure.I don't require help to research these issues for myself. But I think one should humble oneself by allowing qualified peers to critically evaluate one's work. Since I am a recovering stroke victim with congestive heart failure (with a pace maker) I pray God will allow me three more years so I can finish. Glory to Him!

Bill

#1 SATS PROF, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you’ve got a few years on me, quite a few more letter behind your name and you’ve got many more active brain cells.:)
    I’ve considered attending local universities and come to the conclusion that the cost-benefit ration didn’t add up to a further degree for myself.
    What do they say, education is wasted on the young, it was for me

A doctorate is aimed at original research, it seems that the purpose of your degree will benefit others in the long run.

Have fun, work hard

Rob

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have an ideal - since you are in your 70's and already have a doctorate - why not take the class under my name - that way it will save me a lot of
    time and $$$$$