1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A ? 4 Calvinists (II)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Aaron, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, here's something constructive...why don't you start acting like a Christian, and quit trying to prove yourself right all the time at everyone else' s expense? :rolleyes:

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again Mr.Carter.

So you can understand --How would you like it if someone was constantly lying about you. For instance saying that you prefer the NIV and other modern versions and that you had a dislike for the KJV. How would you feel about that dishonesty?

If certain individuals keep lying on the BB -- I will document that they are bearing false witness. Is that a bad thing? Of course not. They have to own up to what they did or did not say.

But you sir, are a Buttinski.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

One thing I will say in "favor" of SN, is that he seems to be an equal opportunity rebuker. I have noticed that he rebukes both sides of the congregation.

4. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You continue to blindly prove everyone's point about you. Carry on.:wavey:

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The word "rebuke" in reference to his conduct on the BB is too gentle of a word. He doesn't give godly reprimands. He insults with great proficiency. as far as both sides of the aisle --he devotes a majority of his lying attacks in my direction.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does one go about blindly proving something B4L? You speak in riddles. And "everyone" has a point about me,really?

How many points do you subscribe to as a Calvinist? Oops! Oops,you aren't one.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rippon, now dont bring race into it.....some of us have east European backgrounds! Suggestion change it to meddling self absorbed fussbudget....you know, sticks & stones :tongue3::laugh::smilewinkgrin:

8. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because you BLINDLY continue to post with the same un-Christlike attitude and don't even realize it.

I truly don't post much on forums because the attitudes of "Chritians" on them is horrendous. And NO, I'm proudly NOT a Calvinist.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe Rippon because your an expat, he is trying to send you some good ole Merican Baptist rebuke least you forget the States. Perhaps he is just being neighborly. :godisgood::love2: Dont you feel the love?

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The more you talk,the more you condemn yourself. You set yourself up as a judge of of my salvation in post after post (and in PM's). You need to back off quickly.

And I know you are a proud member of the Arminian contingent. Believe me,no one will mistake you for a Calvinist. Rest assured.

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm feeling the hate.

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You complain about other telling lies, yet you post this lie about Baptist4life.

Is it that you don't know that everyone who isn't a Calvinists isn't necessarily an Arminian, or is it because you desire to paint this poster in a bad light?

Seems like if you are so concerned with others posting insults, you would set a good example and not do the same thing you condemn in others.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to fix your quote function. Listen up:B4L has made it plain in posts and by PM's that he doesn't think I'm a Christian.Yet you complain that I refer to him as an Arminian. Your fairness is suspect.

Of course B4L will disown the Arminian nomenclature.He is isn't a classical Arminian.However, his ardent anti-Calvinistic stance and soteriology place him there. He's not just an Amyraldian. Roger Olson,who is a professed classical Arminian claims that most professing Christains in America are Semi-Pelagian actually. I know you don't like people being pigeonholed,but it is what it is. For non-Cals to simply say they are Biblicists is a cop-out and wrong-headed. The term non-Calvinist is too amorphous. Fols have to own up to what they are. It's like a Christians saying they are non-Atheists!

14. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

24 A man who has friends must himself be friendly,

pBut there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

15. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You know NOTHING about me. And the only time I questioned whether you were a Christian or not was in a PRIVATE PM a LONG time ago. I am a CHRISTIAN..........I am NOT a Calvinist...........I am NOT an Armenian..........I am a CHRISTIAN.

I count that a blessing!

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never met you face-to-face. Perhaps I'd like you. But to say I know NOTHING about you is absurd. You have made yourself clear on some subjects on the BB. You have interacted with me and others.I have observed what you have said in posts.I think I do know some things about you.

You have not changed your stance,and you did not only question my salvation in a PM --but in several posts over the last few years.

That is so silly. It's like Ergun Caner saying that he's a Baptist --not a Calvinist.

Aside from being silly --your attitude is sinful.You know full well that it's easy for others to note that you don't believe Calvinists are Christians.

It would be just as absurd as for me to say:"I'm a Christian --not an Arminian."

And this has been pointed out to you and others on the BB countless times.Why can't you spell it correctly? It's A-R-M-I-N-I-A-N,not Armenian. Being Arminian or a Calvinist has absolutely nothing to do with one's racial background.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deleted:wavey:

#97 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the topic starter, I'm requesting this thread closed. Thanks.:type:

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

deleted after second thought

#99 saturneptune, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  20. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What an edifying post from a godly individual who models Christ-likeness!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.