1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A ambassador,a ranch, a V-POTUS, and not a peep from Lynne Cheney

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Feb 17, 2006.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Rocko,

he DID tell us everything! The fact that people are so worked up about it is laughable. Do you really believe that Cheney should have stood over a 78 year old man that he had just accidentally shot, and frantically dialed the press on his cell phone in order to make sure they knew just exactly what had happened?
    This is a ridiculous standard to hold a person to. The story was told a couple days later, probably when Cheney knew for sure that Mr. Whittington was alright and he could be ensured that his friend was not in mortal danger. I would see this as a normal human reaction, not a politician trying to cover something up.

2. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

O.K Bro. James I guess that is a good enough reason to wallow in same mud hole as Kennedy although most loyal Republicans would want our leaders to aspire to have higher standards. </font>[/QUOTE]I gave up a long time ago expecting any kind of honest behaviour from any politician(except Ron Paul)in Washington. The entire crowd is anti-christ and full of the DEVIL. Voting only encourages them. </font>[/QUOTE]I pretty much believe the same thing Bro. James. I don't know why I keep holding on to such a small thread of hope that it could be otherwise.

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I must have missed something........what is this "lie" you keep talking about?

4. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

We only know what Dick Cheney wants us to know. What is wrong with being held to a little scrutinity? If Dick Cheney has nothing to hide , then he should allow himself to be asked questions at a press conference where other reporters are allowed to ask their question.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Who cares about the whether the press was notified or not?

The man lied about how he shot another man in an accident! Why?

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

what lie, poncho? You keep saying he lied....but I don't remember anything like that....

Rocko,
    he voluntarily gave an interview to Britt Hume. How is that not letting the media ask questions? And did you hear some of the questions the national yahoos were asking of other people?? They were utterly ridiculous in many cases. I can see why he'd pick one who really does claim to be objective, and let that man ask his questions.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The lie is this. Whittington was shot from a distance of thirty yards when clearly the evidence shows that he was shot from a distance much closer.

The wound inflicted could only be caused by a shot fired from much closer say 15 to 20 feet. Why would anyone lie about that in a hunting accident?

8. bapmom

bapmom New Member

oh my goodness, poncho.......you really call that a lie? I was hoping you'd have something a bit more substantial than a difference of 10 yards.

If Cheney had SEEN the man there than he wouldn't have SHOT then........so obviously him saying "30 yards" was an estimate based on his memory of the event. I suppose you wanted him to leave the man lying in the grass, mark just where he was standing, then quick run and get a measuring tape so he could tell the press the exact distance between the two.

9. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

The lie is this. Whittington was shot from a distance of thirty yards when clearly the evidence shows that he was shot from a distance much closer.

The wound inflicted could only be caused by a shot fired from much closer say 15 to 20 yards. Why would anyone lie about that in a hunting accident?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Y' know Ponch, if Dick Cheney can get people to buy this load of cow dung it will be a clear shot for globalist put another nail in the coffin of the U.S.

10. bapmom

bapmom New Member

For the record, I can't measure distance to save my life. If you asked me how far it is across the street to my neighbour's house would I be lying if I guessed it was 15 yards and you later found out it was actually 30 yards?

11. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Bapmom , Dick Cheney had more than enough time to get his story straight, why couldn't he get the accuracy of the distance that he shot Ol' Harry from right?

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I typed kinda fast there. I meant feet not yards and have since edited my post. Sorry. 30 yards is 90 feet. Whittington was shot from 15 to 20 feet. That's a big differnce for a little 28 gauge shotgun loaded with #7 1/2 birdshot.

And no I didn't want anyone left lying in the grass so Cheney could call the press, again who cares about the press, I just want the truth.

13. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Its an ESTIMATE. You do know what that means, right? There will be variation.......

I seriously doubt he went out and measured it. There are any number of reasons why a difference of 10 yards could come up. He thought it was about 30 yards away. Thats not a lie....its what he thought. If the forensics show that he was wrong, that doesn't mean he lied, it means he was wrong.

14. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Dick Cheney is a seasoned hunter an he should know about distancing. Any good hunter will know that the range of thier target is important to how they place a shot.

15. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Ok, let me say this.....

if the man had said "30 yards", and then you did a forensics on Mr. Whittington's shirt and found gunpowder residue ON the shirt, and it proved that he was shot from 6 INCHES away.....OK, THEN we have a serious problem. But this argument you guys are using to claim it was a lie jsut does not hold up.

16. bapmom

bapmom New Member

yeah Rocko....

he wasn't hunting MR. WHITTINGTON! He probably knew how far away he was from the QUAIL..

See what I mean? Its funny.

17. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

But their will be no investigation of this little matter so we will never know. Things are lookin mighty good for Ol' Dick . Ted Kennedy will have to buy him a beer and talk about the time he pulled the wool over everybodys eyes.

18. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Yeah and he had plenty of time to think it over and get his story straight.

19. Brother James

Brother James New Member

I'm a shooter and I can tell you that a 28ga. shotgun at 30 yards with 7.5 bird shot would have a pattern of tremendous size. Penetration into or through clothing would be very difficult.

20. bapmom

bapmom New Member

There's been an investigation, Rocko. Just because they didn't find anything hinky doesn't mean it was a cover-up.

The local authorities went in, investigated just as they should with any hunting incident, and found nothing suspicious.