1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Book on Angels

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by firedome, Feb 24, 2004.

1. firedome

firedome New Member

Does anyone know of a good book that describes the nature and ministry of angels? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Maranatha,
    Rodney

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The Bible is pretty good.

Diane

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Billy Grahams 'Angels, Gods Messangers' was really good. Been a long time since I read it though.

4. firedome

firedome New Member

Sister Donna,

Thank you for the comment. Please take no offense but, I will not read any book written by Billy Graham. There is nothing personal but I have my reasons as to why.

Maranatha,
    Rodney

5. firedome

firedome New Member

Thanks for all the rave reviews, especially the bible comment. [snipped remark].

Maranatha,
    Rodney

[ May 01, 2004, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

6. atestring

atestring New Member

I read a book years ago entitled : "Angels On
    Assignment" by Roland Buck.
    I wish I had kept this one. It was outstanding.

7. thinkbible

thinkbible New Member

Clarence Larkin has a classic book which is titled "The Spirit World". It covers Angels, fallen and unfallen. Let me know if you need to know where to find a copy.

8. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I would recommend the book as well.

9. mioque

mioque New Member

There is ofcourse Gustav Davidson's: Dictionary of angels, including the fallen angels.
    Which I guess count's as an interesting book on their nature (at least as it's perceived in literature, folklore and religious tradition), but not their ministry.
    And I'm certainly not claiming Christian orthodoxy on the part of the author.

10. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

This Present Darkness
    Piercing the Darkness

11. freckles

freckles New Member

This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness were good books, but I am not sure how scripturally acurate they are. I mean I really don't know that much of what the Bible says about angels, so for all I know they could be just how Frank Peretti(that is the author, I think) percieves angels.

12. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Yes, they definitely are just how Frank Peretti perceives angels, but it's a fascinating perception.

13. freckles

freckles New Member

One of the things I was unsure about was how the angels all came from different countries. he has the angels having different ethnic backgrounds, but I don't think that they would. Maybe I'm wrong though.

14. booklady

booklady New Member

I like David Jeremiah's book, What the Bible Says About Angels.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would stear away away from fiction (Peretti). Sadly, most people get their theology from books like that, Chick comics, or TV shows/movies.

16. Baptistgal

Baptistgal New Member

firedome,

one book I've got that is good is "Mystery of the Angels" by Al Lacy. He uses just what the Bible says, and lays it out for ya.

The one thing I found that benefited me from the Frank Peretti books was the idea that there is a whole spiritual world around me all the time that I'm unaware of. Kind of eye-opening, but I certainly wouldn't take any of it as Biblical doctrine....just a man's perspective of what it might be like.

17. Ken Clifton

Ken Clifton New Member

The God that knows our future has provided all we need for each moment. That would, logically, include angelic assistance. I have a chapter about angels in my free PDF book, 30 Days of Providence...see the Providence topic.

Angels are a part of God's plan for the world, just as we are. All the times that God put us in the place at just the right time to help another shows us that He could do the same with spiritual angels as well.