1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Calvinists Nightmare

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Mark Osgatharp, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    'A Calvinist's nightmare' and an Armenian's 'heaven', is the logical, ultimate and unavoidable and inevitable consequense of free-will: an 'Investigative Judgement'.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Erratum:
    This tin-brain's vocabulary is to blame:
    Not "Armenian's", but "Arminian's".
    Apologies and thanks!

3. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Monergist;
    You really hate the idea of an invitation huh? Why not just rip Matt 11:28 out of your Bible. Cross it out or something. The only reason you hate it is because you can't find a scripture that states to be saved is decreed by God.

It is through faith in His blood that we receive and can claim righteousness. I did that on my knees because it was an invitation.

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
    In The Light Of Christ;
    Mike

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2Cor 5:18-20 "WE BEG you on behalf of Christ be reconciled to God"

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Matt 23
    37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.
    38 "Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!
    39 "For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!'"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------