1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A case for identifying the "lost" tribes of Joseph...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by robycop3, Jun 24, 2018.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A CASE FOR THE TRIBES OF JOSEPH

First, let me say I AM NOT A "BRITISH ISRAELITE", nor do I subscribe to any of their racist garbage. And also, I don't subscribe to the late Herbert Armstrong's wacky theories.

That being said, let's look at the evidence of what became of Israel's tribes of Joseph, Ephraim & Manasseh.

In Genesis 35:11, God had told Jacob that his posterity would become "a nation and a company of nations". And in Genesis 49, as Jacob lay dying, he blessed each of his sons. When Joseph brought his sons by Potiphar's daughter, Jacob, at God's direction, gave the greater blessing to Ephraim, the younger, while passing the birthright to Joseph & then those 2 boys, saying all other children born to Joseph would inherit from Joseph - and he adopted Ephraim & Manasseh as his own, same as Reuben, etc. saying "LET MY NAME BE NAMED ON THEM." And he said Ephraim would become a company of nations. (During those prophecies, he said Judah would be the father of the rulers of Israel til Shiloh, Jesus, came, but the BIRTHRIGHT WAS JOSEPH'S.)

Now, while the birthright, conceived by God, had passed from Abraham to Isaac to Jacob to Joseph, it had not been MANIFESTED in any of them. It promised great material wealth & power, but each of those early fathers was already wealthy by other means, especially Joseph, who was Grand Vizier of Egypt. And it was not manifested in ancient Israel, which remained a minor nation throughout its existence.

But God's words are always 100% right, so the birthright MUST be manifested in this world to fulfill God's prophecy. So, where was it manifested, or will be manifested before Jesus returns?

Let's look at the world's largest empires. Right now, the world's largest nation is still Russia. The old Soviet Union dominated some 15.31 % of the world's land However, it was not as large as the Mongol Empire of the Khans, which ruled some 16.11 % of the world's land. But this large empire was dwarfed by the BRITISH EMPIRE, which, at its height, ruled some 23.84 % of the world's land, and together with the USA, controlled some 80% of all the world's resources! This is NOT guesswork; you can see the facts for yourselves online or in any good encyclopedia.

Now, just HOW did a small nation, occupying half an island, a nation slightly smaller than our state of Alabama, become master of the greatest empire of all time up til now? It could only have been through DIVINE POWER. Same for the thirteen American colonies throwing off the yoke of the world's strongest empire in 1776 & holding off that empire in 1812-14. I believe it's quite-obvious that GOD'S HAND was instrumental in forming the British Empire & the USA.

Is it just coincidental that mostly BRITISH people formed the USA? Or that they use the same language? That they fought together in the two greatest wars in history? I don't believe so.

And, is it also coincidental that Britain & the USA have played such important roles in the history of modern Israel, & the Jews in general before Israel was formed? Again, I don't believe so.

In Deut. 33, Moses, guided by God, prophesied these blessings upon Joseph: "13 About Joseph he said:

“May the Lord bless his land
    with the precious dew from heaven above
    and with the deep waters that lie below;
    with the best the sun brings forth
    and the finest the moon can yield;
    with the choicest gifts of the ancient mountains
    and the fruitfulness of the everlasting hills;
    with the best gifts of the earth and its fullness
    and the favor of him who dwelt in the burning bush.
    Let all these rest on the head of Joseph,
    on the brow of the prince among[e] his brothers.
    In majesty he is like a firstborn bull;
    his horns are the horns of a wild ox.
    With them he will gore the nations,
    even those at the ends of the earth.
    Such are the ten thousands of Ephraim;
    such are the thousands of Manasseh.”

God promised vast material wealth and great military power upon both tribes. This was NOT manifested in ancient Israel, but it MUST occur, as God's word is always 100% true!

Now, I'm not saying this is set in stone, of course, but the best candidates to be the descendants of Joseph are Britain & the USA, given their history. As for all the other people who arr part of these nations, we see that in the history of ancient Israel, there were other peoples living among them from the gitgo, who were treated as Israelis. These include Egyptians who left Egypt with Israel, their relatives the Kenites, some Ethiopians (Moses had an Ethiopian wife), the Gibeonites, later, some Jebusites & other assorted Canaanites, to name a few.

I remain open, of course, to consider any other candidates to be the descendants of Joseph, long as there's sound Scriptural and historical evidence, but right now I'm leaning toward Britain & the USA.

• Like Like x 1