1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Challenge from Carey's "Enquiry"

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Dec 20, 2004.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

http://www.grace.org.uk/mission/enquiry1.html

Thoughts?

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.grace.org.uk/mission/enquiry1.html

Thoughts?
    </font>[/QUOTE]I tend to agree, but I prefer to think of the whole world as a mission field. My son-in-law is the youth Pastor, and above the door that leads out of the teen's Sunday School room is a sign that says "YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE MISSION FIELD" - that hit home with me when I saw it. Not many adults go into that room, so I mused over the knowledge and the awareness that our teens are gaining when I saw it. PLUS, I was
    really struck by the fact that, while in Uganda, I felt more relaxed at witnessing and passing out trax..and why should I? The people HERE need salvation just as much as the people THERE. But we tend to think of OVER THERE as the needy ones, when needy ones are all around us.

Make sense?

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well Carey pretty much proved that he was right by the fruits of his ministry which was huge numbers of people born again! [​IMG]

4. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

DCorbett,
    Yes, it makes good sense to me! After all, Acts 1:8, gives us plenty of room to evangelize. The fields are truly ready for harvest, let's persist in prayer for more workers.
    WallyGator