1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A charge worthy of conviction

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ReformedBaptist, May 12, 2010.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, that is just a false statement. It fits in well with the truth spoken in Romans 3:4.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

double post. Sorry

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Then if what I say is false, you would have us believe I do NOT claim what I said, is that correct? If so, can you produce one solitary quote from me that would prove your assumption to be correct?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I will put it simple first grade language. (in a way I would teach my children)

I say: "I am not a Calvinist."
    HP says: "DHK is a Calvinist."

HP just lied.

5. BillySunday1935

BillySunday1935 New Member

Can we apply this same standard to you, DHK?

A Catholic says: "I am not an idolater."
    DHK says: "You are an idolater."

DHK just lied.

Peace!

#85 BillySunday1935, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

HP applies slander to me. I have told him over and over that I am not a Calvinist. He calls me a Calvinist even though he doesn't know what my theology is. He is not acquainted with it. That is slander, a false accusation, a lie. That can be easily proven.

The difference between that and what you posted is this:
    The Catholic says (like I [a former Catholic] used to say), I am not an idolater. They say it in ignorance, just like any Hindu what not admit to being an idolater. Ask a Hindu if he is an idolater and he will deny it. But yet we know that he is.
    They both (according to the Bible) are idolaters, because the Bible defines them as such. The Bible is our standard, not their denial of it.

7. BillySunday1935

However, you base this accusation upon your own interpretation of scripture - one that is just as fallible as the fictitious Catholic or Hindu about whom you would be making the accusation. In other words, you say that the bible (according to your interpretation) states that they (Catholics or Hindus) are idolaters. Thus, it is skewed and carries no more import than that of any other. Ultimately, Jesus will be the judge - and your opinion (or mine for that matter) is of no consequence whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. Can you not see how this position is nothing more than folly? Do you not know that Jesus will judge each according to their hearts - a state to which neither you nor I are privy? Personally, I am way too busy working out my own salvation with fear and trembling to concern myself with presuming judgment upon others when that privilege has been reserved to Christ alone.

Peace!

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you don't know what the Bible teaches concerning idolatry I feel sorry for you.
    As for Calvinism, I don't follow a man's teaching, and that is all you need to know. I follow and study the Bible, so don't try and box me into your cage. And that is all you need to know. False accusations do you no good.

9. BillySunday1935

You follow and study the bible and derive understanding of what the bible reveals to you based upon your own fallible interpretation of it - or more likely, those of men like Luther, Zwingly, or one of the other reformers. Keep in mind that most protestant beliefs come from one or more of those individuals and are therefore, by necessity derivatives of the doctrine of men - that which you claim not to follow.

I'm not attempting to box you into anything. No false accusations - I just stated fact. There is no such thing a tabula rasa in this world. Therefore, I could care less if you follow Calvin, Buddha, Billy Graham, or Bebo Reposa for that matter. Knock yourself out the DHK! :)

Peace!

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First of all, I have not read much of the works of the Reformers and thus have not been influenced by them. I haven't read through the tomes of the works of Calvin. I haven't studied or even read the 95 theses of Luther. I haven't read any of the works of John Knox. I know almost nothing of Zwingli. To say that I have been influenced by the Reformers is not a very accurate statement at all.
    Secondly, I do not consider myself a Protestant. I never was. Baptists were not part of the Protestant movement or Reformation. They existed before it. They always protested against the heresies of the RCC throughout history.
    Third, my beliefs come from my own study of Scripture. They do not come from another's study of Scripture. I study and I form my own conclusions as I believe I am led by the Holy Spirit.
    No, perhaps you didn't. It is someone else on this board that persistently labels me as a Calvinist when I am not. Perhaps I got you confused with him and reacted thus.
    Here is the part of the quote which I should have answered:

Jesus will not judge me according to my salvation. The Bible clearly says:

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,
    --In reference to my salvation, I will never face any condemnation or judgement--never.
    I don't have to work out my own salvation; Christ has already done that for me. Why did you stop at Phil.2:12? Why not read verse 13?

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
    --It is God which works in you (me). It is God that does the work. You needed to read one verse further to catch the context.

Christ commanded us to judge. We make judgements everyday. Do you believe everything you hear or read. I hope not. Every time you make a decision not to believe something then you have judged that something is wrong.
    I believe Benny Hinn is a false teacher. Any person that teaches that the trinity has 9 persons in it is a false teacher. I am judging, and rightly so.
    Here is what Christ says:

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
    --Jesus commands us to judge. I make my judgments according to the Word of God. It is my standard.

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The key is the "Sola Scriptura test" of doctrine.

By avoiding that solution - you are negating the only fix for the problem you are identifying.

in Christ,

Bob