1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Chief Neo-Con in 2003 Stated Same Point as Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, May 17, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "There are a lot of things that are different now, and one that has gone by almost unnoticed--but it's huge--is that by complete mutual agreement between the U.S. and the Saudi government we can now remove almost all of our forces from Saudi Arabia. Their presence there over the last 12 years has been a source of enormous difficulty for a friendly government. It's been a huge recruiting device for al Qaeda. In fact if you look at bin Laden, one of his principle grievances was the presence of so-called crusader forces on the holy land, Mecca and Medina. I think just lifting that burden from the Saudis is itself going to open the door to other positive things."

- www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=2594

So is Giuliani going to demand that Wolfowitz take his statement back?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You're quoting a guy that was the architect of the Iraq we have now, and whose questionable actions have led to his being pushed out the door at the World Bank? :laugh:

I don't think you want Ron Paul linked with Wolfowitz, do you? :laugh:

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just wonder if Guiliani is going to accuse Wolfowitz of claiming that the U.S. invited the 9/11/01 attacks.

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Of course not Ken. Wolfiwitz is on the way out and can't be saved, so their target now is Ron Paul. Someone that makes them nervous.

Jamie

5. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Here's a fun game:
    Every time you see Guiliani on television, whether it's a speech or interview, listen to him and count how many times he references 9/11. It's almost as much fun as counting how many times Rush Limbaugh uses the phrase "drive-by media" or his other favorite, the "Democrat Party."

It reminds me of the horse in Animal Farm......

Regards, KenH,
    BiR

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of which, BiR:

Giuliani To Run For President Of 9/11

NEW YORK—At a well-attended rally in front of his new Ground Zero headquarters Monday, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani officially announced his plan to run for president of 9/11.

"My fellow citizens of 9/11, today I will make you a promise," said Giuliani during his 18-minute announcement speech in front of a charred and torn American flag. "As president of 9/11, I will usher in a bold new 9/11 for all."

If elected, Giuliani would inherit the duties of current 9/11 President George W. Bush, including making grim facial expressions, seeing the world's conflicts in terms of good and evil, and carrying a bullhorn at all state functions.

"Let us all remember how we felt on that day, with the world watching our every move, waiting on our every word," said Giuliani, flanked by several firefighters, ex-New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, and Judith Nathan, his third wife. "With a campaign built on traditional 9/11 values, and with the help of every citizen who believes in the 9/11 dream, I want to make 9/11 great again."

According to Washington–based political analyst Gregory Hammond, Giuliani's candidacy "should not be underestimated."

"Sure, he has no foreign or national policy experience, and both his personal life and political career are riddled with scandal," said Hammond. "But in the key area of having been on TV on 9/11, the other candidates simply cannot match him. And as we saw in 2004, that's what matters most to voters in this post-9/11 world."

- more at www.theonion.com/content/news/giuliani_to_run_for_president_of_9