1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Christian war?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by billwald, Jan 4, 2010.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

2. Roman

Roman New Member

America is dead.....just ask the **People** from Bohemian Grove

#2 Roman, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
  3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I wasn't aware that there were any citizens of Sodom around.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More Like a War on Christians

I'm sure the Seattle Times is giving us the entire story, that they aren't silent on key events and that it isn't at all biased.

If y'all think execution too harsh for sodomy, I would settle for deportation.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If a person thinks execution for sodomy is okay, I would settle for that person's deportation. Any Christian who supports the Ugandan legislation is no friend of Christ.

#5 Johnv, Jan 5, 2010
  6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Not only is America dead, so are your chances of survival here.

#6 saturneptune, Jan 5, 2010
  7. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't know why this conserns us. They are a poor country with a high percentage of HIV and they want to nationalize their health care. Gays have a higher rate of HIV infection than others thus they will burden their system further than it already is.
    The United States is an independent nation struggling with our own issues. Let Uganda solve its problem and Let us solve ours.

8. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And to think Odrama bomba just lifted the immigration embargo against HIV folks so that he can flood our health care system.

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The sad thing is that ........ many talk against homosexuality.... and rightly so...... but with such zeal while they remain silent on fornication... which God also abhors. Both result in a perversion from the normal relationship and bond between one man and one woman becoming one flesh which is what marriage is supposed to represent and make possible ( not literally but figuratively and spiritually one flesh).

As to the title of this thread regarding 'war'..... here's a passage that tells about real war:
    A question this presents to the reader....."Who's friend are you?"

The same passage also speaks to the question 'when is a war unjust?'

When I was born, most states had laws against sodomy. Then the Supreme Court ruled such as unconstitutional..... the rest is history and current events of permissiveness. Within the community and within the state, a majority of citizens ought to have the right to establish the character and moral code of their society. If one doesn't like it.... they can always move to another place which has no law.... or hide in their darkness the unmentionable acts of their impropriaty to not exert its influence upon the values of the ignorant, the niave, the young, or the morally informed who oppose them.

10. targus

targus New Member

Your self-assumed moral superiority truly is comical.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It sounds like a war you could jump right into, since the enemy's weapon of choice would be hitting you with their purse.

12. billwald

billwald New Member

>I don't know why this conserns us. They are a poor country . . . .

Nuke all poor countries.

>Your self-assumed moral superiority truly is comical.

Pleased to have amused you.

13. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I never said nuke all poor countries. I was suggesting how the homosexual communty could unevenly burden a poor countries resources for medical cost. Homosexuality is a life style choice. Those who choose to participate in it take on the risks of that lifestyle. Why should the government pay for it?
    Either way its not the US which has its own set of problems so why are we involved?

14. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

From the article:
    Evangelicals, including Warren, should have clear and full understandings of the cultures they want to minister in, before they start preaching. This is just plain stupid.

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

One day, Billwald will slip up and make a coherent post.

Rest assured, it will be a mistake.

16. billwald

billwald New Member

>I never said nuke all poor countries.

No, I did.

> I was suggesting how the homosexual communty could unevenly burden a poor countries resources for medical cost. Homosexuality is a life style choice. Those who choose to participate in it take on the risks of that lifestyle. Why should the government pay for it?

Poor eating habits are a life style choice. Morbidly obese people burden our health resources. Should life insurance and health plans be permitted to "rate" fat people as they do smokers?

>Either way its not the US which has its own set of problems so why are we involved?

Why are we involved in sending preachers to foreign countries?? In general, a good question. Especially to countries where we are not wanted. Jesus taught against it.

When a big name American preacher goes to a backwards country and tells the people that some of there population are the worst sort of sinners and are medically dangerous to their community . . . isn't the logical response for people who have only tribal education and tribal morals to eliminate the danger? They have no extensive prison system and the Biblical OT solution is execution.

Should the preachers be morally and/or legally responsible for inciting public disturbance if this law is passed?

Don't Baptists want for God's moral law to be imposed upon the world? Isn't that the big deal about posting the 10 Cs and crosses in public places? If you don't want the 10 Cs enforced, why do you want them posted? You want to pass the buck for the consequences to politicians?

17. targus

targus New Member

IMO - yes. But that would be a topic for another thread.

To my knowledge our government does not send preachers anywhere.

Individual churches are free to send preachers where they see fit.

So then some countries are just too backward to hear the gospel?

Interesting concept.

No. Such laws are not the logical consequence of preaching the gospel.

That you suggest that they are is an indictment against your logic. Not that anyone here would ever accuse you of using logic.:laugh:

What does executing people have to do with the Ten Commandments?

Which of the Ten Commandments declares death as the penalty for certain sins?

Your critical thinking skills are sorely lacking.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Are you two related?

19. billwald

billwald New Member

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No reasonable Christian would.