1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Christian who is not in the Bride

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PrimePower7, Aug 26, 2005.

1. superdave

superdave New Member

Notice that passive verb tense. The saints are not buying their own fine linen robes here.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I think the phrase 'provide your own robes of righteousness' is not in keeping with what I believe. The Lord has provided everything we need to overcome in this life and to have a wedding garment. However, we must avail ourselves of God's provision. Being positionally sanctified by Christ's atonement does not mean that we will automatically be holy.

1 John 3:7
    7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

If we are not doing righteousness, we are not righteous. While Jesus has provided the righteousness for us, we must put it on. It is part of our armor, the breastplate of righteousness, no?

Matthew 22:11-13
    11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
    12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
    13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Notice that passive verb tense. The saints are not buying their own fine linen robes here. </font>[/QUOTE]Her is the city, not the saints.

4. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Just wanted to say, HOG-WASH.

The Bible says that it is God that works in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure. The longer I walk this Christian walk, the more I realize that the majority of professed Christians, even Baptist, have never experienced God's saving grace.

Eph. 2:8-9 says we're saved by grace, yet so many miss v. 10! God has ordained, or set into motion, that Christians are going to do good works.

As I have said before, the ear-mark of a Christian is not perfection but the desire to be perfect.

5. bigczardaddy

bigczardaddy New Member

all saved will be at the marriage supper but only the true church will be the bride.

john the baptist even speaks of onlookers.

6. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    double post

7. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    interesting... hmm... let me see, Christ is not our righteousness??????? I thought this was the Baptistboard and not the pentecostal board.. [​IMG]

If someone cannot become part of the Bride then they are not Christian. [​IMG]

8. bigczardaddy

bigczardaddy New Member

when they are right they are right. when they are wrong they are wrong.

as far as the bride see
    baptist bride

9. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The true church IS the body of believers. One and the same. There won't be any onlookers.