1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Church on Oahu?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by PrimePower7, Jul 4, 2008.

1. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

"funny"?

So, what would be funny about Jesus having the appearance of a glutton since I am quite sure that he has good genes?

2. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you share with us your success (or lack of) in finding a church? I'd be interested in hearing about them so I can advise my son. Have you checked into Winward Baptist Church?

3. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Windward

This church is a wonderfully solid, Bible-preaching church that spends much of its time helping those struggling with drug addictions. Having the probability of being gone so often, My wife and I didn't feel comfortable with the few women to very many men ratio that was present there.

I think we have found what we need at Ohana Baptist Church. The music is a little starchy, but I don't believe what we call "worship" (corporate singing) is in the "top 4" of Acts 2 regarding the purpose of the church.

What think ye?

4. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a member at Ohana for 4 years (01-05- see private message), what do you mean by "starchy"?

I do know that the music pastor there is leaving or just left. Do you know who is taking over duties in this area?

My wife was the secretary there and we were involved in nearly every ministry there so if you have any further questions let me know.

5. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

ok, it's my opinion

By starchy, I mean "it's not of God unless it's out of our book played on a piano and organ".

6. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi donnA

Thanks for the link.....

I am a little too big, but I love the LORD!