1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A clarification of my position

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Matt Black, Apr 1, 2005.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

Have junior baptzed in the Catholic Church and continue to meet with Baptists if they have good potlucks. Baptism at least welcomes junior into the covenant community (Reformed theology.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a facinating article on the evolution of the error of infant Baptism over time - published in Catholic Digest.

(And since the Words of Peter in 1Peter 3 don't seem to get much attention here ... as they define the REAL essence of Baptism)

Here is a look at CD --

</font>[/QUOTE]

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Didache on Baptism by Immersion:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FE The Faith Explained (RC commentary on the Baltimore Catechism post Vatican ii).

Then in their standard model of self-contradiction - they promote infant Baptism as doing that very thing that is so clearly the duty of the "believer" in the above text.

Oh well - nobody ever said the RCC was perfect.

In Christ,

Bob

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bob, please post this on the "Real Presence and baptismal regeneration" thread as well, as this is germane to our discussion there

Yours in Christ

Matt

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In reaction to BobRyan's reference to the RC Digest where it describes in detail how thge Church went along with the 'sacrament' of Baptism,

And I should say, such a baptism - and show me another different - is just a form or Christian version of a righteousness by works.
    Baptism, I believe - speaking of 'water-baptism' was a sign of an Apostle. The 'baptism' wherewith Christ baptises is not of or with water, but with Power and Spirit. It is the baptism that effectively saves - the ONLY Christian baptism as far as I am concerned.
    I was also baptised, but shall never reckon it of any worth as far as my salvation is concerned. Therefore it was peripheral, a mere show, and so are baptism and its doctrine become in the Church since the Apostolic era - a dividing factor, no more.