1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Closing Thought on the Sons of God

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Pastor Larry, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

1. The point was to demonstrate the fallacy of certain methods of argumentation by showing that they cut both ways.

2. It is a straw man argument to a certain extent. I bring it up only to demonstrate the inconsistency and foolishness of the arguments that many are posting.

3. To Hank, no I didn't really plan it that way. It simply happened. I was going to make one post and maybe one follow up. It got dragged out because some could not see the obvious point of it.

2. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Pastor Larry said:

1. The point was to demonstrate the fallacy of certain methods of argumentation by showing that they cut both ways.

Unfortunately, what you demonstrated was that some people simply wouldn't get the point if they were impaled on it.

I have done the same sort of thing (with different KJV-only arguments) and I have gotten the exact same results: righteous indignance that I would even make such accusations. It apparently never occurs to the die-hard KJV-onlyists that they are causing exactly the same offense in their baseless attacks against the modern versions. It's like trying to argue with a brick wall.

3. livin'intheword

livin'intheword New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I have done the same sort of thing (with different KJV-only arguments) and I have gotten the exact same results: righteous indignance that I would even make such accusations. It apparently never occurs to the die-hard KJV-onlyists that they are causing exactly the same offense in their baseless attacks against the modern versions. It's like trying to argue with a brick wall. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Psalms 119:165

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Paula

4. Brian

Brian New Member

What I still fail to understand is why the MVists are so concerned with those who stick with the KJV? By and large the mv crowd state that the Word is accurately rendered in many translations. So why do they get so offended when one says ok then lets pick the KJ? The least tolerant seem to be on the mv side (though I may be a little biased). When in chooseing the more modern and liberal views they should by extention be more tolerant of the KJV folks. Oh well there are many more things that should be focused on. I'm going to go and do that now.

5. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Brian said:

What I still fail to understand is why the MVists are so concerned with those who stick with the KJV?

We're not.

We're concerned with those who stick with the KJV and declare all other Bibles to be perversions, Satanic, rubbish, toilet paper, etc. etc. etc. and everyone who worked on them liberal, apostate, occultist, homosexual, etc. etc. etc., and everyone who uses and appreciates them apostates, Romanist-lovers, deluded, Alexandrian Cultists, etc. etc. etc., and employ all manner of intellectual dishonesty (as well as the plain kind of dishonesty) to make that point.

Kindly keep the two categories straight.

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

livin'intheword said:

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Offend" means "cause to commit an offense," i.e. sin. It has nothing to do with taking offense at scurrilous, slanderous accusations of KJV-onlyists.

7. livin'intheword

Thank You, Oh wise all knowing one. I mean after all, you did know what I meant when I posted that verse, right?

Paula

8. Joey M

Joey M New Member

John 13:35 "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

Whooops, wrong room!!! :(

God speed.

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: Joey M ]

9. livin'intheword

Point taken Joey.

Paula

10. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

livin'intheword said:

Thank You, Oh wise all knowing one. I mean after all, you did know what I meant when I posted that verse, right?

Yes, I hope it was taken to heart by those KJV-onlyists who show their hate for God's law by bearing false witness against modern Bibles and those who love them.

11. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian:
    What I still fail to understand is why the MVists are so concerned with those who stick with the KJV? By and large the mv crowd state that the Word is accurately rendered in many translations. So why do they get so offended when one says ok then lets pick the KJ? The least tolerant seem to be on the mv side (though I may be a little biased). When in chooseing the more modern and liberal views they should by extention be more tolerant of the KJV folks. Oh well there are many more things that should be focused on. I'm going to go and do that now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a little like asking the school nerd what he did to make the bully steal his lunch money and beat him up! :D

I know of no MV user who has a problem with anyone who chooses to usethe KJV. The whole problem arose when a vocal few claimed that the KJV was and is the ONLY WORD OF GOD IN ENGLISH and all else are Per-versions.

The debate from the MV side is one of protecting self and others from errant doctrine.

12. livin'intheword