1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Common Mistake In Christian Marriages.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JoReba, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann, I was waiting for Jo to answer from the scripture concerning prayer, prophesying, etc by women , but I believe you are correct.

Also, I would like Jo to answer (give her take - which would not be a formal teaching experience) about Deborah and Hulda.

But now that I have mentioned it what do you think about these female "prophets"?

Why did God allow them to prophesy and lead the armies of Israel into battle?

HankD

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Deborah was pretty clear. She went with Barak but she didn't lead the army on her own.

But Huldah didn't lead Israel into battle that I can see in the Scriptures. She just prophesied.

3. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Let's review the actual words of scripture, and the actual words I wrote in response to your excellent questions. This would be for the sake of parsing out the difference between words and what human imagination would want to insert between the words.

Have you aver observed anyone who compulsively "reads in between the lines" without first reading the lines themselves ... ? I have quite often. Perhaps just for fun and giggles you might look for and identify a few of your friends and acquantances who do that. Of course you might want to refrain from saying anything about it to them, but just smile and be "nice" so that they do not get upset and afraid. And, please remember here I am not teaching you anything. I am just being a source for you to experience:

1.) Information.
    2.) Suggestions.
    3.) Chatty notions.
    4.) A gentle reminder.
    5.) A possible insight into human thought processes.
    6.) An opportunity to build a relationship with God's Word.

If you do not like any of this, please remember I will not be going to Hell because of your aversive response. As well, if you do indeed like what I am doing here for you, then God will reward me in Heaven for helping to minister to The Body of Christ. Don't we worship and serve a Great God? Yes, We do!

I did not say your words and relationship with your son have "absolutely no effect" on his Faith. I did say in effect his Faith and eternal relationship with God is between God and him. Try not to exaggerate. Thank you.

Yes, Deuteronomy, Proverbs, and Ephesians do give you instructions for your son's upbringing in The Lord, but your son's Salvation is apart from you and your effects upon him. There is no place in Scripture which says a father can ruin the appointed Salvation of any child. God bless your mind and your heart as you learn to accept God's Word for today.

Regarding a wife who has a husband in sin, Apostle Peter clearly teaches in Ch. 3 Vss. 1-2 KJV:

"Ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that is any obey not the word, they also without the word be won by the behavior of the wives; while they behold your chaste behavior coupled with fear."

Does this help you to understand how to keep from railing against or bossily controlling your husband when he is not perfectly obedient to God? It should. Praise the Lord for His advice to wives which is clear and needs no modification.

Apparently, Apostle Paul had not yet corrected Priscilla about teaching men. I am sure people were praying for Priscilla as she grew in The Lord. Isn't The Body precious as it loves those in service to God? Isn't God Gracious not to judge Priscilla within Scripture, but rather let her move towards maturity as she was able to accept it? God is so Gracious, isn't He?

I love your questions and willingness to understand Scripture. Thanks for sharing.

4. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Do you recommend that I remain silent before my spouse as Apostle Paul specifies in I Timothy Ch. 2?

Remember, I have "interpreted" no Scripture because it is not possible to do so. "Interpretation" of Scripture is never spoken of in Scripture. Check for yourself, rather than believe what I just said. Men need to be the ones to verify Truth.

Okay? I am waiting for your authoritative answer and loving response with Godly surety and exquisite relevance. Thank you in advance.

Praise God for the Real Men in His Body who can stand up and deliver what they claim to be able to do as men. Halluleujah.

5. mandym

mandym New Member

I sense a troll among us.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well that was the point, Barak wouldn't go without her and he said so, she was his "right hand man" being both a prophetess and judge in Israel.

Every man was doing what was right in his own eyes.

God allowed it because there was a shortage of courageous men - there was a breach of leadership.

Perhaps similar conditions prevail today.
    There just aren't enough faithful men (and women have to fill the gap)?

But thank the Lord for those faithful and willing men we do have.

HankD

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, and I'm pretty sure this troll has been here before under another username, as the posting style is the same.

Praise the Lord for giving us the wonderful gift of discernment to sense the works of ungodliness in the form of BB trolls. Hallelujah, praise his holy name! Amen.

lol.

:smilewinkgrin:

8. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

This is so completly and ridiculously off base, and flat out wrong. I just blows me away when this kind of thinking is articulated.

Very saddening.

9. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Yes, Thank you Ann.

Neither Deborah or Huldah led anyone. They merely spoke.

Of course, even if Deborah and Huldah could be correctly called "leaders," they would represent extreme exceptions, and not would be normative for all Christian women. Let's pray here that the men will attain Godly Wisdom regarding these and other fairly easy issues:

"Father YWHW, Ann and I come before your Throne to petition that the men in this Forum would receive from you your Godly Wisdom in all their postings, and that they would easily see any error of their thoughts. Please cleanse them of chatty and popularized "Churchy Sounding Ideas" which are not found in Scripture. thank you Precious Lord for your promise to give your Wisdom as recorded for us in Jmaes 1:5.

Bless your Name today and forever. In Jesus Name we request this, Amen."

10. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I am a man and you have taught me that you are an idiot. Now, does that mean you'll stop posting?

11. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Nice shuffle, Jo. So they did not directly lead anyone (in your opinion, anyways). They could not both be silent and prophesy.

At least your consistent in both twisting Scripture and what people post here. I pray you learn submission easier than most.

12. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Yes. Perhaps Paul was suffering from head trauma after all of his beatings. Or, perhaps a minor stroke.

Let's go ahead and assume Priscilla was indeed qualified and commissioned to teach men. Was she an extreme exception for women? Or, was she normative for today's women? Your answer with Wisdom and clarity would be ... ? (Hint: make a decision. Lol.)

Always ready to be a "helper." Praise God for His Loving Power and Wisdom unto the weakest vessels. Lol.

13. JoReba

JoReba New Member

What does "keeping the peace in the local church" have to do with following God's Word in I Timothy Ch. 2?

Remember, The World tries to "relate everything to everything" in order to find "reasons" to justify ignoring the specificity of God's Written Word for us today. We are to be in The World, but not of The World.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I will give you an answer to that if you like:

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

15. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

JoReba, I thank God for your biblical insight. God has revealed these things to you by the spirit amen.

16. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Entertaining thread.

At the castle, I rule the roost; but Mrs. Arbo rules the rooster. The policy has saved us many headaches and many dollars. :smilewinkgrin:

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

How's your puppy?

18. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

A four-month-old, thirty pound pistol of a lap dog. A real joy she is. :)

Thanks for asking.

19. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed! Try Gen 21:10-12 & Judges 13:22-23.

Steve

20. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

JoReba's true nature is revealed in her refusal to answer questions concerning her own life. She's awfully preachy for a silent, submissive woman. Maybe she is ultra-silent & submissive at home, and this is her way of acting out against other men. Oh well, I'll keep watching & hold my breath till she gives an answer for her own marital status.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.