1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A cup of sugar

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, May 29, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On TV shows you will see a person go next door to ask for a cup of sugar.

Have you ever done that?
    why - because you really needed sugar
    or - you were nosey?

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No sugar, but I borrowed my neighbor's chain saw a couple weeks ago when mine quit suddenly. And no, wasn't being nosey, really needed a chain saw, had limbs on the ground that had to be cut up so we could mow. :)

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's funny because at my ladies' group last night, we were talking about this.

I don't think many do this anymore for two reasons:

* We are too independent and never want to be beholding to anyone.
    * Food is very convenient and it's easy to run to the store when we need something.

But yes, I've done that when in a pinch but not anytime recently. I now have daughters who work at the grocery store and they bring me home the things I need. :D

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the country store out here a while back I ran into a friend and his wife who were needing some kraut to go with some bratz they were going to grill, store didn't have any, I had plenty at home and offered some to them and they came to the house and stayed and talked and asked a lot of questions, I think maybe they may have been a little nosey but it was OK, we all seemed to enjoy each other's company. :)