1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Difference between the Inspired Word of God & Koran

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    While visiting with friends at the Islamic Study Center in Rochester, I spoke with the imam about why Moslems must learn Arabic.

The Koran, I was told, was written in Arabic. When translated into other languages, it looses its meaning and hides the nuances of the text. All Moslems, forming unity no matter what their native tongue, must read, study and worship in Arabic.

The Bible is like that to a point. Written in Hebrew and Greek, some meanings can be clouded by poor translation into a receptor language.

BUT it is the "power of God unto salvation" and even a poorly translated Bible (or even a paraphrase) whether from 1400 or 2004 can be used of the Spirit of God and people born again.

That "living" aspect of the Bible compared to the dead formalism of the Koran, is a remarkable contrast.

2. Anti-Alexandrian

You mean you dont know?!

Simple,one is God breathed(as per 2 Timothy 3:16),the other is NOT....

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    An addition to the For What It's Worth Department:

NEW YORK TIMES STORY

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AA, did you bother to read past the title? From your response, specifically the bold above, I'd guess not!

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without the living Word the bible would be only a book. You hit the nail on the head when you used the word dead. It is possible to be saved without a bible because of the power of Jesus. You can't be a follower of Islam without the Koran.

6. Orvie

Orvie New Member

The Koran is allegedly the word of Allah pickled in Arabic, and in the English, allegedly by our Onlyists pals, the Word of God is pickled in the KJV:kjb. [​IMG]
    This reminds me of what Jesus said that the Sabbath was made FOR man, not man for the Sabbath. The Word of God is FOR man, not man for the Word. :eek: